Why is my Sampletank 2.5 load time so slow

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was browsing the threads on the new StudioPhonik group buy when someone in there mentioned their load time for ST 2.5 was very slow and it got me thinking about this as well - Here's my backgrounder:

I have all my Sampletank sound libraries tucked into my one folder (sampletank) on my Samples drive. In here is all my XL content, Sonic Synth 2 Content, a boatload of stuff from Sonic Reality (At least 6 ot 7 CDs worth of stuff that I purchased a few years back - like the Piano, Guitars, Studio Drums etc etc)

Recently I installed ST 2.5 and ran it in standalone mode to authorize and point it to the proper directory. And then it takes at least 5 minutes to build that initial index file - which in my case is about 37MB when finished. Then I absolutely turn "Relist at Startup" OFF. And go about my business.

Then when the mood strikes and I have a Nuendo project on the go - I will add ST into the mix - and the bloody hard drive grinds for like 3-4 minutes and it appears that ST is doing another pass thru my content and creating yet another index. Even with Relist at Startup turned off.

So what's the deal? Is this normal? I remember a few ST versions back (even like 2.1) the load time was almost instant even with the same amount of content - and I haven't added anything to my ST stash for a long while.

Ideas?

Cheers!

VP

I have this same exact problem.
My band eluvia | FB | Tweets | SC | Me on ABC

Even with "Relist at Startup" turned off?

I would raise a Support Ticket at IKM with all the details. They should be able to help.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

On my set-up (PreSonus Studio one) Sampletank loads in 7 seconds. But, as the OP said, it does not seem to make to diffenrence in Nuendo. I would definitely contact IK about this.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”