Working with Neil Peart today...

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You and your presets. Lol. I'm on it m8, will post in the morning.

:)
Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX
www.mixititb.com | www.seattleunderground.co.uk
Sound Engineer/Producer/Musician/Audio and Media Content Creator

Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX

Thanks sir!
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

Could someone please run this MIDI of Far Cry (goes to second verse, maybe 95% correct) through the Peart drums and post an mp3? Included are the Steven Slate mappings I used so you can move the parts as needed to NPD mappings. Thank you, much appreciation in advance.

http://www.filefront.com/17208699/Far Cry.zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/413410941/Far_Cry.zip

Here's the bass part if anyone has SR5 or Trilian. You might have to move the bass up an octave (exported from Guitar Pro):

http://rapidshare.com/files/413539816/F ... -_bass.mid

As I'm new to Sonic Reality products, does SR have an official forum for discussions about the Peart set? Right now, I'm only seeing these posts on a 2 year old KVR thread.
I'm a bit confused as there are two websites: sonicreality and esoundz. What's the difference? Also, neither seems to host a forum for their products.?

Thanks!
Jim

jamesgrote wrote:As I'm new to Sonic Reality products, does SR have an official forum for discussions about the Peart set? Right now, I'm only seeing these posts on a 2 year old KVR thread.
I'm a bit confused as there are two websites: sonicreality and esoundz. What's the difference? Also, neither seems to host a forum for their products.?

Thanks!
Jim
I think this is the only thread at KVR on the NP kit. (Maybe it's time for a new thread?) There's also some threads over at the FXPansion forums, but I'm not sure if there's a dedicated thread or not.

Actually, there's at least 3 websites; there's also http://www.downloadablesoundz.com.

There is also talk about it on www.vdrums.com/forum
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

OK I'm confused about something. Will I also have to buy the $50 Infinite Player as well?

If what I deduce from the IP description is correct as to how it works, SR has done an end run around the expensive full Kontakt by buying a licence for Kontakt Player, and created a library that then can be loaded/extended with "sub-libraries", all while taking advantage of NI ability to lock and manage content, and only having to buy a one time monolithic license (instead of one for each library). If so pretty devious, however I really don't expect any official confirmation.

TexasFury wrote:OK I'm confused about something. Will I also have to buy the $50 Infinite Player as well?

If what I deduce from the IP description is correct as to how it works, SR has done an end run around the expensive full Kontakt by buying a licence for Kontakt Player, and created a library that then can be loaded/extended with "sub-libraries", all while taking advantage of NI ability to lock and manage content, and only having to buy a one time monolithic license (instead of one for each library). If so pretty devious, however I really don't expect any official confirmation.
Haha. It's not so devious. NI knows. Because Sonic Reality has such a massive catalog of samples we made a larger commitment to Kontakt Player format in order to be able to have an expandable library within the Kontakt Player and of course full Kontakt itself. We'll be porting over all of our best sounds that we've done over the years plus brand new ones such as Neil Peart Drums and more.

Anyway, I have some good news for you. If you don't already own Infinite Player and you pick up Neil Peart Drums for Infinite Player/Kontakt then we'll give it to you for FREE. Saves you $50. Then you can expand it from there with plenty of other great stuff too. This offer is only for people that don't already have Infinite Player though and I guess you can call it an unofficial "forum offer" for people I chat with here on KVR, gearslutz and V-Drums (the places I frequent frequently).

This is the official Sonic Reality and eSoundz forum by the way right here on KVRAUDIO. We COULD do a whole new thread at this point for Neil Peart Drums. This started from a blog when we first did the session years ago. Years of anticipation included. ; ) But, we're only getting started with the FULL launch of the product line and you'll be seeing a lot more in the coming weeks. Just a "first scoop" here in the forums and a chance to be one of the first to get it on certain retail store sites like our own which is esoundz.

Sonic Reality is the maker of the product. eSoundz is our own store for SR products plus products of our partners. DownloadableSoundz is a download delivery system for all Sonic Reality dealers world-wide and interfaces with Sonic Reality's web site (and will be more integrated as time goes on).

Hope that answers a few questions! Oh and to get the free Infinite Player when you purchase Neil Peart Drums all you have to do is email Allen our support manager. His email is allen (at) esoundz (dot) com. Just tell him you heard you can get the Infinite Player for free just by getting Neil Peart Drums for the Infinite Player and he'll hook it up when the product is shipping... that one is shipping next week (they're wrapping it up now).

BFD version is available now though if you have BFD.

Thanks for the heads up on shipping Dave was just gonna ping an e-mail your way. Look forward to receiving the copy and giving IP a whirl.

Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX

Suggestion for BFD version. You really should put descriptions in for each kit piece! As a Peart fan, I'm obsessed with these details.
The drums sound amazing so far, but it's a little perplexing to see kit pieces called crash1, crash2, tom3, tom4 for one of the most famous drummers in history. This isn't some generic set. Sure, I can look up his kit specs online, but not see them in BFD. The kit pics look great with the Snakes and Arrows art.

Just a thought. Sounds great! I hope to post a demo soon with BFD mixing tips.
Thanks
Jim

I concur with Jim, please could you update the XML files for us to include detailed description, and also include a custom pic for the ambient mic on the channel... at present it just shows the default denoting an inactive channel.

Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX

jamesgrote wrote:Suggestion for BFD version. You really should put descriptions in for each kit piece! As a Peart fan, I'm obsessed with these details.
The drums sound amazing so far, but it's a little perplexing to see kit pieces called crash1, crash2, tom3, tom4 for one of the most famous drummers in history. This isn't some generic set. Sure, I can look up his kit specs online, but not see them in BFD. The kit pics look great with the Snakes and Arrows art.

Just a thought. Sounds great! I hope to post a demo soon with BFD mixing tips.
Thanks
Jim
Good idea. We were always going to provide that info. But BFD is new for us so tricking it out with stuff you guys like is something we're totally into doing as long as it is easy enough to update.

andywright67 wrote:I concur with Jim, please could you update the XML files for us to include detailed description, and also include a custom pic for the ambient mic on the channel... at present it just shows the default denoting an inactive channel.

I agree, that would be great. I'm also wondering, what's next in BFD format? Some of the kits that are already in IP format? Or something else?

I know I've asked this before, but is there any idea of when the Keith Emerson stuff will be ready? Just curious.

I am enjoying the NP drums in BFD. Now how about samples (for Infinite Player, of course) of Geddy Lee's bass and Alex Lifeson's guitars? :wink:

DocAtlas wrote:
andywright67 wrote:I concur with Jim, please could you update the XML files for us to include detailed description, and also include a custom pic for the ambient mic on the channel... at present it just shows the default denoting an inactive channel.

I agree, that would be great. I'm also wondering, what's next in BFD format? Some of the kits that are already in IP format? Or something else?

I know I've asked this before, but is there any idea of when the Keith Emerson stuff will be ready? Just curious.

I am enjoying the NP drums in BFD. Now how about samples (for Infinite Player, of course) of Geddy Lee's bass and Alex Lifeson's guitars? :wink:
Let's see... for BFD we are only going to do select kits I think since it is a different system and not as flexible for development as other formats... but still totally possible to do some great stuff. EpiK DrumS kits are probably next.

Keith's collection will be out next year but maybe sooner. It depends how we do it. We've decided not to go nuts with these collections taking so long and putting out a mega huge product all the time. We did it with OWD and we did it with EpiK and... it really is hard to do. So, that could mean that things like the upcoming Hugh Padgham Collection will have say first the Collins-style kit released and then a Copeland-style kit later (recorded by Hugh who engineered/co-produced Genesis and The Police). It also makes it more affordable that way too... and more stuff can come out sooner. So.......... we'll have to see!

Haven't sampled Geddy and Alex although I am working with Rush on something ELSE that I can't talk about yet. We did however sample Tony Banks' keyboards and Mike Rutherford's guitars if you like Genesis. That and many other great sounds for the Infinite Player.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”