Working with Neil Peart today...

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cheers for the rep gmon72. Thanks again Dave and Allen, downloading now and shall let you all know of any issues.

:)
Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX
www.mixititb.com | www.seattleunderground.co.uk
Sound Engineer/Producer/Musician/Audio and Media Content Creator

Just installed bfd2 version without issue. I can't believe it is actually here. Now I need to play it a bit!
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

8 Hours to go on the dl here, server must be maxed out... less it's my connection :P
Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX

andywright67 wrote:8 Hours to go on the dl here, server must be maxed out... less it's my connection :P
wow, i downloaded it in about 10-15 mins. (i have a 25 meg connection though)
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

10mb here. I think it just capped to a slow speed 'cause I'm dl'ing via the Safari browser instead of a download manager.
Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX

Got mine in a couple of hours and had a play
first impressions very good!
a well balanced kit with a great set of toms
plays very well on BFD2 with a nanopad

cheers
Jeremy

Almost here - cool deal! I've waited two years...I can wait until next week without getting my Jockey shorts in a bunch. Then if I use the NP kit on the track I'm currently recording, I can post a thread on Counterparts titled, "Neil Peart is on my new track (sort of)." 8)
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

Dl'd it today, took all day to get it. Will install tomorrow and mess around with it over the weekend, cut some tracks and make comment.

Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX

Has anyone been able to install this on a mac? When I run the install on my Mac Pro, the icon animates a bit, but nothing happens. I even tried making a disk image from the folder and mounting it and opening it, same thing.

Yes, we've tested installers on a Mac and it works. You may not have a completed download? Anyway, you can contact Allen in support for some help. allen (at) esoundz (dot) com.

By the way guys the only thing missing are extra kit mix presets which we're going to do. If any of you want to do any we'll help share them with everyone else and give you some epointz as a bonus. Could be a fun thing to do when we do BFD kits. A little informal preset exchange thing. We're going to do the official ones next week as well. Right now it just comes up with the raw unprocessed tracks. But listen to how great it sounds like that! Very natural. So you can imagine the possibilities with different balances of the mics and compressors etc. This is our FIRST BFD kit. But if all goes smoothly and people dig it then we'll do more.

Just pre-ordered this morning. I did have one question about how the drums are mapped in BFD 2.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that the drum kit has 8 toms, which has me drooling. However, even the biggest kits in BFD 2 only have six toms. How is this handled? Are the extra toms mapped to some of the percussion slots? Then again, I may simply be missing something obvious.

Thanks for the reply. I have also emailed Allen who suggested re-dl'ing. I've dl'd it twice, same thing. Run install, nothing happens. Anyone else have any ideas?
Anyway thanks for this kit, I've been waiting for this for 20 years ;)

Hey James and Dave,

I'm having the same install issue here on my Mac Pro, running 10.5.8. The installer won't load. I've also e-mailed Allen.

P.s. Dave, I'll be sure to whip up some presets for everyone once I've it installed :)
Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX

@DocAtlas,

Hi,

You can remap any of the kit pieces/articulations via BFD's key-mapping page - dragging a kit piece over to a key and then selecting which articulation you wish to assign to said key.

In BFD's kit page you can select the info button (bottom left) which will give you an overview of the loaded kit pieces and to which midi key they're assigned.

Hope that helps :)
Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX

Just a heads up, I copied over an installer from another pack (BFD Manu Katche Signature Snare Installer OSX) and placed it in the folder (removing the Peart installer). It has now booted up and I am installing. Thus, seems there's an issue with the "Peart" installer - at least here under 10.5.8.

You can use this as a workaround to install the pack.

Dave, can you confirm the Audio folder file size for a full install please. I have it at 12.01 GB.

Thanks
Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”