Miroslav Philharmonik 1.1 is up(got windows ver.working)

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

just as a post script to this thread...i downloaded the WinXP ver. update from the evening of the 23rd and installed it the other day..without a single problem, it went entirely smoothly. No interference with my ST2 either. i just followed the instructions in the readme. i'm still on XP SP1 for my music PC and there are still occasional weirdness with SP2 on my other PC. i wouldn't have been so quick to blame IK for this. just my two pennies worth... :wink:

btw: nice update the sounds have been improved with small tweaks here and there on about 2/3rds of the presets. And no dongle!!! :love:
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

I'm on an intel mac, when I go to re-install the sti files it re-installs everything again. I then run the updater from 1.1, open MP try and open an instrument and it says that it can't find the sti file, yet when I look in the finer I can see them. The root path is looking in the right place. Any idea's no else seems to have this problem, once you run the updater it seems to work fine for you guys. WHY CAN'T I GET IT TO WORK!!!

Lo-Fi76, have you contacted IK support? It's been a long week (following a long weekend), but they're back on top of things now.

-Kim.

This is the fix for mac users.

Find the Miroslav instruments folder and click on it ONCE. Now press APPLE I ,Now open the ownership and permissions. Open this up all the way and make all 3 selections here Read and Write and then press Apply to enclosed items.
Jason Williams / Technical Support
IK Multimedia U.S.A.
Email: jason.williams@ikmultimedia.com

IK Support wrote:This is the fix for mac users.

Find the Miroslav instruments folder and click on it ONCE. Now press APPLE I ,Now open the ownership and permissions. Open this up all the way and make all 3 selections here Read and Write and then press Apply to enclosed items.
Well, now you're here...can you assure us that the various bugs reported in the past couple of weeks with the Windows installer are now worked out and corrected? It would be nice to retire the dongle, but I'm not very keen on playing Russian roulette to do it. :roll:

thanks in advance for what I hope will be a comprehensive answer.../fnx
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

[quote="IK Support"]This is the fix for mac users.

Find the Miroslav instruments folder and click on it ONCE. Now press APPLE I ,Now open the ownership and permissions. Open this up all the way and make all 3 selections here Read and Write and then press Apply to enclosed items.[/quote]

Ah, that did the trick!

With the help of the IK USA support person (Jason Williams) I have the update loaded and working on my system. The problem was with the permissions of the Instruments directory: HD/Library/Application Support/IK Multimedia/Miroslav Philharmonik/Instruments. Here is what Jason said:

Find the Miroslav instruments folder and click on it ONCE. Now press APPLE I
Now open the ownership and permissions. Open this up all the way and make
all 3 selections here Read and Write and then press Apply to enclosed items.

I tried it, and it works fine! (Thanks Jason!!)

Thank you all for posting the fix for the Mac. But three times? :lol:

Now what about the real world? :roll:

/fnx

Yes, is the PC update fixed?
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

lfksiunf sodijad sdjsadij fljadsfijfd - askf dlsjf sasss ljjfsf sflajff !

gjfsjf xlkjif - bffffspksdf sksdom kffsd alkjo u wlkjsijf ? ssss vdkdkdj sklsadjif pfffdslkjaif elkjaj nsdjoisdijf zlkjss jdkslj, klsd qsdfsf foj[ fffflspk - skjd annksf slof ssss slakjjaj fksjisf !

translation:

please IK help funky & the PC gang - we are in need of help!

by the way - is the news of an IK forum real or fantasy? squids doesn't like his forum being used as support for IK issues, so the sooner the better - we don't want squids to kick us out!

Apologies to squids...I am going to order a pile of stuff from you in the IK sale as a consolation prize... :wink:

/funxi

Tested it out on my laptop and it worked perfectly for me - go ahead and try it, at the very least it won't hurt you.

just noticed the below update. can anyone confirm all is well now on the Windows VST version?

Miroslav Philharmonik 1.1b/1.1c (Build 6L05) - Date: 2007-01-04

- 1.1b (Windows version only) Sounds Updater now updates "23 Violins" sections
-1.1c (Mac OS X version only) Sounds Updater now correctly set STI files permissions on all systems

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Sounds Updater replaces some of the files in your Philharmonik Instruments folder.
Please DO NOT uninstall the Miroslav Philharmonik Instruments before installing the Sounds Updater.

Oh, don't all rush at once, eh? :lol: :P :roll:

/fnx

funkychickendance wrote:Oh, don't all rush at once, eh? :lol: :P :roll:
I didn't put on the "original" Win/XP upgrade (or the fixed re-release). I just now put on 1.1b mentioned two posts above, and everything is working fine for me (including 23 violins). Had to re-auth, but that was expected. The digital ID matched my ST2XL and ST2LE digital ID, but I expected that as well.

Now I've got a spare IKey I don't need... but given Philharmonik was among the most expensive instrument I've bought (along with K2 and ST2XL), I'll keep it for sentimental reasons.

Doug
Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad - Spock, in "I, Mudd"

For a good time click http://www.belindabedekovic.com/video_fl_en.htm

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”