Miroslav Philharmonik 1.1 is up(got windows ver.working)

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks like installing the new Phikharmonik update also messes up your SampleTank 2.2 install... at least it did on both my laptop and my main studio machine. After installing the Philharmonik and then running SampleTank, I get "Registry Error, make sure your software is properly installed" when I start SampleTank.

Re-installing the ST 2.2 update does fix the problem, though.
"In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden;
If I were to divulge it, it would overturn the world."
-- Jelaleddin Rumi

Hmm, yet another reason to do nothing until someone official from IK joins this thread and tells us that it's all fixed. :-o

/fnx
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

idragosani wrote:Looks like installing the new Phikharmonik update also messes up your SampleTank 2.2 install... at least it did on both my laptop and my main studio machine. After installing the Philharmonik and then running SampleTank, I get "Registry Error, make sure your software is properly installed" when I start SampleTank.

Re-installing the ST 2.2 update does fix the problem, though.
Yep me too. I spent an hour last night. First the MP 1.1 updater deleted all th STI files, so I had to reinstall the sounds from the DVD's (which only took a few seconds, but I messed around with it for 45 minutes before coming to this forum to get the answer - reinstall the sounds!).

then my ST2.2 crashed. Was so glad the reinstall worked!

I'm appreciative of the upgrade and being able to ditch the dongle and use the MP sounds in ST2.2, but it sure would be nice if they beta tested this stuff a little better before releasing it :hihi:

Make sure that if you run into any problems, send a message to IK tech support. They might have a fix, or it might help them if they're working on a fix.

-Kim.

Kim (esoundz) wrote:Make sure that if you run into any problems, send a message to IK tech support. They might have a fix, or it might help them if they're working on a fix.

-Kim.
It's true it's a good thing sending error reports to them. The sad thing is they aren't that good at giving feedback if they've solved it or not.

Now there's an updated version again of the sounds 1.1 updater(third version). Perhaps that takes care of things. (and they havent written anything regarding the scenario with deleted sti's if you've run the first faulty one, which could spare some users grief, if they haven't read this thread.)

EF

Kim (esoundz) wrote:Make sure that if you run into any problems, send a message to IK tech support. They might have a fix, or it might help them if they're working on a fix.

-Kim.
Right. And if you shoot yourself in the head, make sure you know the telephone number of a doctor? :lol:

Now a serious flaw has been publicly revealed and discussed, it's up to IK correct the mistake in a public fashon, so that people who've screwed up can un-screw-up themselves, and so that clients are reassured that they are not playing Russian roulette when they run the upgrade. It's simple commonsense.

This isn't freeware or some $75 synth: these are expensive products. We can reasonably expect better.

/funxi

I'm really lost here....I have Miroslav on an Intel Mac..If I just use the install it sas to upgrade to 1.1 ....If I do, it cant locate any sound files.....I dont have sampletank (just the preinstalled version that comes with miroslav)....How do I fix this expensive mess?

jamesrph12 wrote:I'm really lost here....I have Miroslav on an Intel Mac..If I just use the install it sas to upgrade to 1.1 ....If I do, it cant locate any sound files.....I dont have sampletank (just the preinstalled version that comes with miroslav)....How do I fix this expensive mess?
You will need to re-install the sounds via the original DVDs (it goes very quickly, it just needs to re-install the .sti files). Then you need to re-run the sound installer that comes with the upgrade. It's a pain, agreed.
"In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden;
If I were to divulge it, it would overturn the world."
-- Jelaleddin Rumi

I'm still waiting patiently for some explanation and instructions from an official IK source.

me too...i'm gonna sit on the sidelines until the game is over.

i agree 100%, funky - little things like that make a difference, esp for spending that kind of money and companies that big tend to fall back on the little things. that's the kind of stuff that breaks up marriages = the little things added up. happens to alot of big companies....nobody looking after the little things. they need to hire a little man to look after the little things or the little things would add up to a big thing.

Someone else was asking me why I get so pissy about this kind of unresponsive attitude.

Yes, it's Christmas. So what? All the stores at the mall were open this morning. I can buy gasoline 24 hours a day. Airlines fly, hospitals stay open, credit card companies accept your money, phones work, TV is on, blah blah blah. What gives these music software outfits their superior attitude? :x

I'll be damned if I'll give the big guys with their expensive products special treatment. IK and NI are among the worst in this regard. Even the Pope comes out on his balcony every now and then. :wink:

The flip side is that I like their products -- as I ought to at the prices they charge! -- and I don't want them to slowly go belly up just because some lazy ass in tech support won't shift himself to respond to public discussions of a major flaw.

So, Mr. Lazy Ass, tell us how the installer is being fixed. And how to use it without 'uninstall this, then reinstall that, and don't forget to pray to St. Agatha...' Come up with an installer that works faultlessly, boots the dongle out the window and needs no further intervention from us.

/fnx

funkychickendance wrote:
So, Mr. Lazy Ass, tell us how the installer is being fixed. And how to use it without 'uninstall this, then reinstall that, and don't forget to pray to St. Agatha...' Come up with an installer that works faultlessly, boots the dongle out the window and needs no further intervention from us.

/fnx
Easy there, big fella. This is an Esoundz forum, not an IK forum. Esoundz doesn't make or release IK products. They just sell 'em at great prices, along with a shedload of other great gear.

IK has not opened its own forum yet, but is expected to shortly. In the meantime, the protocol is to send an email to their techs for a direct answer to your question.

Of course, any information anyone on this board gets is shared and appreciated by all.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:
Easy there, big fella. This is an Esoundz forum, not an IK forum. Esoundz doesn't make or release IK products...

IK has not opened its own forum yet, but is expected to shortly.

Cheers
-B
I get it, yes.

Let's hope someone from IK does read here, because AFAIK the faulty MP1.1 installer issue is not being addressed.

/fnx

I dont get it...For my Mac PRo, I installed the plug in dvd first, then the contents dvd...then ub version update, then the sound file updater....that didnt work...now I re-installed the sound library dvd and reran the updater (sound updater) as recommended and still not found....I'm using a INTEL MAC...anyone having sucess out there???

And still they come, like sheep to the slaughter... :roll:

/fnx

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”