Miroslav Philharmonik 1.1 is up(got windows ver.working)

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'll continue to wait patiently.

/fnx
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

flynn wrote:Yes, the sounds updater in the user area for Windows now has the 23 violins aswell.
If you've tried the earlier update, you have to run the soundsinstaller from both DVD's first and then run the sounds 1.1 installer again.

EF
So first I have to erase the sound content from my harddisk, make a complete new installation from the sound disk shipped with Philharmonik and then use the new installer from the user area?
Just to make it clear... :wink:

No, should not erase anything.

If you haven't used the first faulty soundsupdater, you should just run the 1.1 soundsupdate from the user area. If you, like me, did run the first version, running the new updater will delete all .sti's and you have to run the installers from the 2 sounds DVD, and then run the 1.1 updater again.

EF

Ok, now I got it :hihi:
Thanks for the post!!!
I'm using the Philharmonik samples all the time in Sampletank!!!
They sound really huge!!! :love:

Best regards
brotherone

Alright, I suppose I can give this a try now. Here's a question though... would it somehow make sense to grab a copy of the entire Philharmonik install and put it in a safe place (in another folder or something) as a backup in case the install does fail? Then just swap it back to fix it?
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Why does the latest sound updater say Miroslav Philharmonik 1.0 Instruments for windows setup? Should it not be the 1.1 version?

I noticed that to, and included the info in my last mail to them, along with a request to put some info regarding the faulty then correct update scenario.
It installs 1.1 though 8)

EF

OK it works fine. I just wanted to be sure before running it.

Great stuff!

Works fine for me now, too. Just be sure to reinstall your sounds off of the sounds DVD before installing the new patch.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Well, this has been a lovely little exercise. Made me burn a new authorization code - even though it's the same computer, and I don't believe anything has changed. Except for more memory than I had before and a new monitor. Also even though I had a dongle hanging off the computer the whole time.

Now I can't get it to recognize where the sounds are. Yes, I know about relist... doesn't seem to be working though.

Plus... it can't find any of the sounds so none of my custom multis are working anymore.

Very amusing indeed.

Is it that relist doesn't work in standalone mode?

Sequent,

The new auth code is necessary due to the fact they've removed the Dongle. (The dongle itself had a HW ID, now it's the computers)

Regarding the missing sounds, did you try to reinstall the sounds from the DVD's and then run the sounds 1.1 updater? That solved it for me.

EF

Sequent, sorry you're having a bit of a rough time with the update. If I can help on a couple of points:

1) Don't worry about using up registrations. You can always request more by contacting IK support from your user area.

2) Have you set the sound path in the "prefs" page? Maybe you have, but you didn't mention it.

-Kim.

Thanks for your help, Flynn and Kim. I'm all set now.

I did make sure the path was set right but it seemed that it wasn't "taking". Also, when I opened up the program the computer lose contact with the soundcard. Very strange. I thought I had done everything right, but... <shrug>

Prior to the update I had dragged off a copy of the instruments folder to another drive. So it was easy enough to drag it back. I did that, and then ran the sounds update and then rebooted. When the computer came back up and when I started Philharmonik then it did do the relist and all was well. My combis are okay now too.

Maybe the reboot is what was needed?

Thanks also for the clarification on registrations. I thought I had stupidly wasted one.

You'll have to excuse my panic but I use Philharmonik a lot so I was really worried that I had lost use of it right before a long holiday weekend! <phew>

Thanks!

Hey guys.
Do you need the iKey plugged in when you perform the 1.1 update of Miro?
I moved house recently and I can't think where I put the damn iKey. It'll be somewhere, but once I found out this version was going to be without the dongle I thought - why bother looking for it, just wait patiently.

But I hadn't thought whether I needed it for the install.

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Hi Caleb,

The 1.1 version doesn't need the iKey. You'll have to get a new authorisation code based on the computers HW ID anyway. Just install the new version, start it, and you'll have to authorise it.

EF

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”