2%
Beergeek
6%
Solariss
2%

Total votes: 48

RELATED
PRODUCTS

how many tunes can be filed for the contest?
I suggest to allow up to 3.

tele
Listen to me at soundcklick:
www.soundclick.com/wewritesongs

telebunke wrote:how many tunes can be filed for the contest?
I suggest to allow up to 3.

tele
I was thinking one. What do you guys think?

One song would make it easier for the judges.

Left Headphone wrote:One song would make it easier for the judges.
Let the judges sweat, that's fine. :D

There should be a limit. On the other hand, it's good to be able to file 2 or three. So one can deliver a broader view of what one does with the IK products. And therefore it might reselt it more great demo mp3s for IK, too. Just an idea, though.

tele

i agree with the fellas - no limit on tunes as long as they were produced with IK stuff. then the judges BLIND-listen to the tunes and pick the 1st, 2nd, 3rd place, runner-up songs and then to reveal the artist. if the artist was picked twice...then they can pick the next one in line.

this obviously would result in more submissions and as long as the artist would agree to it....use them as demo songs on their site (artist given credit of course!).

So what's the deadline for the constest? I got me some sounds and a mini profile yesterday just for the demo contest but I'm going on vacation for 3 weeks and I won't be able to finish until late december/early january...

By the way, here goes my vote for only one submition per person....

my vote also goes for one submission per person. makes it easy on the judges AND you. :hihi:

I vote for one. Pick your best and go with it.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

TeleJuan wrote:So what's the deadline for the constest? I got me some sounds and a mini profile yesterday just for the demo contest but I'm going on vacation for 3 weeks and I won't be able to finish until late december/early january...

By the way, here goes my vote for only one submition per person....
The contest is for you guys so we can give you as much time as you all want! I was thinking go until February 1st? This way there's some post holiday time to give it a shot.

What do you think? One entry? Let's say this. A compromise. You can post demos, works in progress and see what people say. Then to submit your demo officially we will do some kind of form or you just have to tell us "okay this is the one I want to submit" and then that's it! No changing. Sound fair? On the other hand I am not opposed to people doing as many demos as they want and it increasing their chances of winning potentially as well... if you guys as a group lean one way or the other I am okay with going with what most of you want. We could do a poll perhaps.

a poll is a good suggestion, squids.

tele

February 1st is great! Thanks Squids

dammit, now i won't get started until January 31st..... :hihi:

lates

t-willy

TeleJuan wrote:February 1st is great! Thanks Squids
Agreed.

tele

Squids, it would be nice to extend the maximum length if only one entry is allowed.

2 minutes is too limiting to my creativity. :oops: It breaks the counterpoint or the verse or the intro or the outro or the whatever of my hit song. :x :D Really.

I'd suggest 10/3 [10 years of IK, 3 grand prizes] = 3.3333' minutes = 3:20 [average airplay length]. 8)

February 1st!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :? :-o :-o :o :o :o

So long!!! I think receive a prize for Holiday much more interestingly and more pleasantly, than to wait till February so with mind to descend it is possible. I do not know who must to win, and let win most worthy, but to wait so much time, this is horror!!! Personally it seems to me of one demo quite. Dave if you have created rules why change them in process and if people will tell to finish in next June or August, you will transfer competition for such terms? For example there is a competition on some site : "Send the remix on such artist and it will be released on cd". Nobody begins to change rules in process and will write, send 5 remixes and then together we shall select, that has more cool.What sense of competition? Choose one from 5 demos or that the person has sent one qualitative demo where it has enclosed all skill. And still, writed: create/compose a demo for 30 seconds till 2 minutes. I really shall not understand, why so a lot of time is necessary. In competition not writed create "soundtrack for SpiderMan 3, and best composition will be played in movie". After competition best demos will not go to play on all radio-stations or parties. It is necessary create a demo, that it would show opportunities programs from companies IK and Sonic Reality. Certainly, it is necessary to create a beautiful demo, but not up to such degree that has taken so much time.

I apologize if has gone too far in the the statement. Somehow all this not serious.
Artist, Composer.
www.vitali-i.com

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”