2%
Beergeek
6%
Solariss
2%

Total votes: 48

RELATED
PRODUCTS

My track was done in FLS6 with SampleTank 2XL. I did a rough mastering with T-Racks 24.

http://www.savefile.com/files/296206

Instrument list:
Messed up Kool
Trance Gate 2
Stac Violins
Double Basses 2
Violas Section
Cellos 1
Acoustic Grand 2
Cresendo Brass Section

I'm not sure about the policy concerning the effects. Does that mean I cannot treat my vocals with my UAD-1 plugins, even if everything else comes from Sampletank?

tele
Listen to me at soundcklick:
www.soundclick.com/wewritesongs

telebunke wrote:I'm not sure about the policy concerning the effects. Does that mean I cannot treat my vocals with my UAD-1 plugins, even if everything else comes from Sampletank?

tele
I think that's the idea. 100% IK/SR.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

telebunke wrote:I'm not sure about the policy concerning the effects. Does that mean I cannot treat my vocals with my UAD-1 plugins, even if everything else comes from Sampletank?

tele
Correct. No UAD plug-ins. Use T-Racks (or TRacks demo) instead! ;)

Hey Squids....what about hardware in the signal path pre-computer?
Play what you feel and feel what you play.

And what about reverb? The CSR demo is gone after 30 starts or 10 days. Well, I gues one can install the CSR demo when the arrangement is complete and starting work on the final mix.
One could also load a vocal .wav file into sampletank and use it's internal effects.

tele
Listen to me at soundcklick:
www.soundclick.com/wewritesongs

when was the deadline again?

lates

t-willy

beergeek wrote:Hey Squids....what about hardware in the signal path pre-computer?
Try to limit it to mics, mic pres, acoustic or electric instruments (non-sample based)... if you use any kind of limiter/compressor on vocals going in that's fine if it is to get optimal S/N but try not to use it too much as an effect itself. No stomp boxes, DSP effects racks in hardware for this... break out your AmpliTube 2 (or demo version download is fine too if you don't have it... yet! Remember you could WIN it!).

telebunke wrote:And what about reverb? The CSR demo is gone after 30 starts or 10 days. Well, I gues one can install the CSR demo when the arrangement is complete and starting work on the final mix.
One could also load a vocal .wav file into sampletank and use it's internal effects.

tele
Right. Well, ideally you should try to use the CSR for your reverb. But, if your demo runs out you can also use the built-in reverb of your DAW which is okay, also delays and basic stuff like that. Just don't use any other third party plug-ins though or it misses the point of this. You're making what you would show as a demonstration of what can be done with all the good IK and SR products there are out there. It's enough to make a complete song with for sure and in almost any style of music from hip hop to classical. So, since each person has different tastes it should be very interesting to see what people come up with rising to the challenge!

t-willy wrote:when was the deadline again?

lates

t-willy
I think we're going to extend the deadline to give people more time because of the holidays. I am open. How long do you guys need you think? A few months? Should we draw this out so we get some really good ones? Maybe so. Even if you buy the products in the meantime and then win it you can always just sell it so... plus the fun of playing and a moment of fame too because we'll tell thousands of people to check out the winners (and even a lot of famous engineers and producers will hear it as well... dont' want to say you'll get a record deal or anything but you could get some attention if you win! IK might post the winners too!)

Please Squids, make this a few months. I have exams right now and I desperately want to participate in the kvr contest and this contest. :cry:

And I'm sure many people, unlike me (:hihi:),have a life and will go out and do something for the christmas. For those peeps, you need to give some time. :hihi:

Few MONTHS :shock: :shock: .
Artist, Composer.
www.vitali-i.com

How 'bout a month? Something like January 1 or 7?

Squids wrote:
beergeek wrote:Hey Squids....what about hardware in the signal path pre-computer?
Try to limit it to mics, mic pres, acoustic or electric instruments (non-sample based)... if you use any kind of limiter/compressor on vocals going in that's fine if it is to get optimal S/N but try not to use it too much as an effect itself. No stomp boxes, DSP effects racks in hardware for this... break out your AmpliTube 2 (or demo version download is fine too if you don't have it... yet! Remember you could WIN it!).
That is precisely what I use pre-computer! PreSonus TUBEPre and COMP16 for vocals, acoustic and as a DI for my Tele.

Oh yeah forgot...extending it is a good thing but even if you extended it for a year it wouldn't guarentee I'd get anything done :lol:

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”