Beergeek
6%
Solariss
2%

Total votes: 48

RELATED
PRODUCTS

bduffy wrote:We knew that was coming!! "Brass SampleTank patches"!! :lol: :tu:

Man, you know you're a geek when that's funny to you.
No way! It means you have a TOP sense of humor and good taste in movies m8! :lol:

Whoa....Squids been into da eggnog a little early this year :lol:
Play what you feel and feel what you play.

Squids wrote:
bduffy wrote:We knew that was coming!! "Brass SampleTank patches"!! :lol: :tu:

Man, you know you're a geek when that's funny to you.
No way! It means you have a TOP sense of humor and good taste in movies m8! :lol:
Oh yes! That's what I meant. :D :hihi:

Squids wrote: Sorry you're fired. :lol: You have, ALL you have is one week to regain your job. Oh do I have your attention now? Guy don't come into KVR unless he wants to talk about plug-ins. You think he came in here to get out of the rain? Put that Kantos DOWN! Software's for closers only. Is your name Dan? You call yourself a musician you son of a bitch? You see this Total Studio Bundle? This costs more than your car. What's my name? Squids! That's my name. You call this abuse? If you can't take this abuse how are you gonna take the abuse of people judging your demo in this contest? Sure, I can see you later on hanging at a bar "yeah, I used enter KVR demo contests. It's a tough racket". It takes Brass SampleTank patches to be in this business. They're out there WAITING to hear your demo. Are you gonna join the contest? Are you MAN enough to join the contest?
:lol:
Screw off, Dave. You know you got a big mouth. You make a couple of great products and this whole place stinks with your farts for a week - how much you just ingested. Oh, what a big man you are! Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it. Whoof!

Dan 8)
Those that can, do. Those that can't, argue about it on k-v-r

I've always wanted Sonik Synth 2. Not because it's a great workstation plugin, but because I need those leads, the good leads, the Glengarry leads! :D
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

beergeek wrote:Whoa....Squids been into da eggnog a little early this year :lol:
After a turkey dinner, he'll sleep like a baby. I'm gonna enter this contest Squids,,, I have nerves of steel.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

dgkenney wrote:
Squids wrote: Sorry you're fired. :lol: You have, ALL you have is one week to regain your job. Oh do I have your attention now? Guy don't come into KVR unless he wants to talk about plug-ins. You think he came in here to get out of the rain? Put that Kantos DOWN! Software's for closers only. Is your name Dan? You call yourself a musician you son of a bitch? You see this Total Studio Bundle? This costs more than your car. What's my name? Squids! That's my name. You call this abuse? If you can't take this abuse how are you gonna take the abuse of people judging your demo in this contest? Sure, I can see you later on hanging at a bar "yeah, I used enter KVR demo contests. It's a tough racket". It takes Brass SampleTank patches to be in this business. They're out there WAITING to hear your demo. Are you gonna join the contest? Are you MAN enough to join the contest?
:lol:
Screw off, Dave. You know you got a big mouth. You make a couple of great products and this whole place stinks with your farts for a week - how much you just ingested. Oh, what a big man you are! Hey, let me buy you a pack of gum. I'll show you how to chew it. Whoof!

Dan 8)
Oh big man! Dan Pacino! lol Good stuff!!! :lol:

Hey you know apparently the Alec Baldwin scene isn't even in the play! It's just in the movie. Imagine that. The whole movie seems to be BASED on that key speech. I never saw the play. I did see Alec do a version of it on SNL where he is talking to Santa's elves "I've got no sympathy for ya". Someone should find at least that on youtube and post a link in here. It has to be there!

Enjoy.....

But remember the coffee is for the closers..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-AXTx4PcKI

Dan

P.S. You may not want to play it if the little kiddies are around :oops:
Those that can, do. Those that can't, argue about it on k-v-r

Hewitt Huntwork wrote:I've always wanted Sonik Synth 2. Not because it's a great workstation plugin, but because I need those leads, the good leads, the Glengarry leads! :D
Seems like you've done your homework Huntwork! Well done. :D

Can you just clear something up - we can use AT2 and Ampeg, but do we have to play an IK/SR sample through it, or can we play a real instrument?
Three shall be the number of the counting

And the number of the counting shall be three.

Squids wrote:
uptude8 wrote:hmm...only 2 minutes? Most of my best pieces are anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes. Would they be considered?...or should I pear them down....or start again
The songs are not being judged for composition so you could just edit it down to the best bits within 2 minutes or do a new one. Up to you! But, the piece could be a verse and a chorus and fade. It could even just be a jam (not a song). Listen to the audio demo I posted as an example. Schitzo is GOOD in this case, changing up the sounds every 4-8 bars sometimes makes for a better DEMO showing off what sounds there are in a product. Could be annoying as a SONG but this isn't a "song contest". It's a user demo contest. If YOU were selling the products and wanted to show them in action according to what YOU like... pile it all in within 2 minutes and see if everyone likes it the best!

This should be fun and interesting. Feel free to ask me for tips guys. The one I just mentioned is a good one I think.
my wife will probably kill me...doing this through the holidays and all....oh well...since a few of these goodies are on my Xmas list it might be a good thing!

show off the sounds and the plug-ins...K...got it.

Trojan Badger wrote:Can you just clear something up - we can use AT2 and Ampeg, but do we have to play an IK/SR sample through it, or can we play a real instrument?
You can play a real instrument through it such as a guitar or bass... in fact, you can use real drums too and real vocals! You just can't use any other company's samples if you are using samples. But, you don't HAVE to use samples, you don't have to use any SR stuff. You could just use IK effect plug-ins on real instruments if you wanted to. Or you could use all SR and/or IK samples if you wanted too. You do get some points for the most IK and SR products used in your demo but ultimately it is the best sounding demo, most impressive etc. that will win.

uptude8 wrote:
Squids wrote:
uptude8 wrote:hmm...only 2 minutes? Most of my best pieces are anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes. Would they be considered?...or should I pear them down....or start again
The songs are not being judged for composition so you could just edit it down to the best bits within 2 minutes or do a new one. Up to you! But, the piece could be a verse and a chorus and fade. It could even just be a jam (not a song). Listen to the audio demo I posted as an example. Schitzo is GOOD in this case, changing up the sounds every 4-8 bars sometimes makes for a better DEMO showing off what sounds there are in a product. Could be annoying as a SONG but this isn't a "song contest". It's a user demo contest. If YOU were selling the products and wanted to show them in action according to what YOU like... pile it all in within 2 minutes and see if everyone likes it the best!

This should be fun and interesting. Feel free to ask me for tips guys. The one I just mentioned is a good one I think.
my wife will probably kill me...doing this through the holidays and all....oh well...since a few of these goodies are on my Xmas list it might be a good thing!

show off the sounds and the plug-ins...K...got it.
Is it to short a time for the contest? Maybe we could let it go for a month or two so people have enough time to put one together? I'm open to it. I just thought it would be a fun thing to do over the holidays (plus some nice presents as prizes ;) ). Let me know your thoughts.

2 Squids

My demo track loaded on my web :
http://clients.vitali-i.com/

User name: ik
Password : ik
Last edited by snb on Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Artist, Composer.
www.vitali-i.com

Wow!

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”