Philharmonik tips and tricks!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everyone, first post here. I have a question about the pitch shift function. I know that I can operate the pitch shift using the wheel on the bottom left of the layout, but what I cant figure out is if there is a way to automate that wheel. I know how to link the knobs on the main part of the module to the midi channels, but I see that I can't do that with the pitchwheel. Is there something I'm overlooking or is automation simply not possible? (I use FL studio, BTW)

Thanks to anyone who has some insight. This has been driving me absolutely crazy for the last few days.

It's actually linked to the pitch bend wheel/joystick on most MIDI keyboards. If your MIDI keyboard doesn't have pitch bend, you can probably draw it in the MIDI track. It's not exactly a MIDI CC controller, but it's related enough that you'll probably find it in the same place.

-Kim.

Wow I wasn't expecting to get such a quick response, heheh.

Yeah, I don't have a wheel, I figured that was the basic issue. When you say "draw it in the MIDI track", do you mean that I can specifically do that in FL, or is that a generalization?

Thanks for the speedy response too

:)

I don't use FL, so I don't know the exact way of doing it. You'll probably get some help by asking here or here.

-Kim.

Ok, thanks a lot. All I really needed to know was that it is possible.

is possible (I dont found it yet at least) made modwheel controlled crossfade for two sounds with sampeltank engine ?

For anyone growing tired of changing midi channels for articulations, this little midi plugin is handy:
http://www.ykismusic.com/keyswitch/

I load a Multi Setup for the instrument I'd like to track (for instance solo cello), then slap the plugin on the midi track, set up the first keyswitch, route the midi track into Philharmonik and voila, keyswitchable Miroslav. :)

Im not shure if the Multi Setups are part of the stock Multis, or if I got them from the esoundz download. So if you dont have them, get those.

Hey Kim,

I have this doubt. The Range option lying next to the Envelopes and Macros can be used to even create splits right? By changing the range left and range right settings and then part transposing it? I thought so too, so I tried it out and I remember it working for me once or twice. Then I recently tried with 2 Cello patches wanting to create a split for a Legato Cello and a Staccato Cello instead of varying the Velocities. However, it didn't seem to work this time. And the Part Transpose is doing nothing to the notes I'm playing. Would you explain what I'm missing or could you explain how you would go about creating a split?

Thanks,
Sam The Slayer.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”