Philharmonik tips and tricks!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Whoa, didn't even know this thread was happening! Maybe this should go on the "Tips and Tricks" page on the philharmonik.com site -- which has had nothing on it for quite a while.
"In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden;
If I were to divulge it, it would overturn the world."
-- Jelaleddin Rumi

Lots of very helpful info. Thanks Kim and Dave!

rollasoc wrote:Can you explain this in a little more detail please, I'm finding it hard to follow and apply to my currently badly sounding (through my programming) solo Cello line.

e.g. How do you make the velocity not affect the volume?
Click the text "VELOCITY" (below the "SOUND" label on the left).
Set the "AMP" knob (top row) to zero (centre position).

rollasoc wrote:"Turn the velocity -> sample start macro to maximum."

Turn the what to the what?
Click the text "MACRO" (below the "SOUND" label on the left).
Set the "VSTART" knob to 127 (rightmost position).

rollasoc wrote:"By setting velocity to control the sample start point" and how do I do that?
As above - "Turn the velocity -> sample start macro to maximum."

Hope that helps. Sorry about the late reply.

-Kim.

Thank you Kim. You are a star.

Rollasoc

These are all great tips. Thank you everyone.
It's never too late to become who you were meant to be.

Don't know if anyone realizes, but Overture works really well with Miroslav since they included an instrument "definition" per-se for it. This cuts down programming time since all you have to do is load Miro with your patches and the articulations that you put in Overture on the staff will automatically play the correct part or patch, legoto, staccato, whatever.

Really nice ot have to NOT focus on programming and GET focused back on writing, composing, and learning things like orchestration, etc.

Sorry if this was obvious or already known or posted elsewhere. (I just got my Miroslav going and working and I am looking for as much on it as far as produdtivity tips as I can find.)

Thanks, all!

- Paul

Yeah. I am using Philharmonic with Overture 4. The instrument definitions are great time savers.
Last edited by Beardedone on Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beardedone wrote:Yeah. I am using Phoharmonic with Overture 4. The instrument definitions are great time savers.
Does Overture allow for loading of plugins, or are you still playing back to a hosting app?
-- Jelaleddin Rumi

idragosani wrote:
Beardedone wrote:Yeah. I am using Phoharmonic with Overture 4. The instrument definitions are great time savers.
Does Overture allow for loading of plugins, or are you still playing back to a hosting app?
Overture 4 is a full host that plays VSTi and VST effects. No problems with KOntack 1 or 2 or GPO, Philahrmonik or Sampletank 2.1. It is a real plus to compose music and then hear it as it's written.

Oh, that's nice. I think Finale can load VSTis also, but it's way too freaking expensive and it's MIDI editing capabilities suck. I have been using Allegro for my main composing tool and have had mixed experience with MIDIYoke to playback Philharmonic in Sonar... most times I just resort to exporting the MIDI from Allegro and importing into Sonar... but Sonar has a majorly sucky notation editor in case I need to tweak stuff.

Hmmm... how to convince the money manager (i.e. the wife) that I need *just* *one* *more* piece of software...
-- Jelaleddin Rumi

Beardedone wrote:
idragosani wrote:
Overture 4 is a full host that plays VSTi and VST effects. No problems with KOntack 1 or 2 or GPO, Philahrmonik or Sampletank 2.1. It is a real plus to compose music and then hear it as it's written.
Hmmm... I see they have a crossgrade for Finale owners... woinder if that applies for Allegro also (same product line, just not as many features)....

Hmmmm....
-- Jelaleddin Rumi

Yeah - if you work with notation and VSTi's, then Overture is the way to go. Esp if you have GPO or Miroslav or EW Gold or so since they have those definitions built-in for quick mapping to the right sound/articulation.

Overture has a great graphics mode for each track where you can edit midi notes and events track by track.

I like Overture a lot and they really go the extra mile with VST support and some cool articulation features too. A nice match for Philharmonik.

I'd be willing to sell someone from this forum my (transferable) Overture 4 license - I gotta downscale due to toddler expenses and being too long out of work.

Please PM me if interested.

Thank you!

- Paul

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”