Squids is back with new Sample Libraries!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, hello there! I don't think I've posted on KVR for years! I've been busy making MUSIC with these Sonic Reality and IK Multimedia tools I've been part of creating for decades! You can check out my music projects on line if you're into Progressive Rock starting maybe here: http://www.youtube.com/davekerzner

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that I've decided to release all of the great archives of sounds I've collected with Sonic Reality for over 20 years. This includes many sounds that have never been released and the best ones that have going back all the way to my first libraries (Vintage Timetraveler, American Heartland, Concert Grand Pianos and Interactive Drums, Strings etc) at higher quality (the Yamaha concert grands how they were originally intended are gorgeous, including the 9 foot CFIII that was used on the Scent of a Woman soundtrack when we snuck into the Hit Factory in NYC late at night to record it while it was still set up for the orchestra!). I don't think that studio is even around anymore! There's also unreleased samples I did at Genesis' studio recording drums with producer/engineer Nick Davis in their stone room (the Phil Collins drum sound) and both Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford's rare vintage keyboards and double neck guitar/basses. There's also Guy Pratt of Pink Floyd and Colin Edwin of Porcupine Tree bass collections and all sorts of cool unreleased material that's fantastic!

Basically, what I'm doing is the same thing I've always done which is make libraries for myself that I'd want to use and I'm doing it the way I like to see it. In fact, this is the way I've always wanted to organize it so you know exactly what's what and where. On top of that I'm strongly considering supporting multiple formats including Logic EXS24 which means that it'll be unprotected and unencrypted raw waves accessible. I know that means some people will steal it and share it. That truly sucks but welcome to the music industry as a whole which this is what happens with the music you'll make with it too! My own music career is fueled by the people who respect the artist and pay for the albums they listen to. So the same thing happens with the musicians, songwriters and producers who appreciate the convenience of the content being accessible and want to support developers like Sonic Reality so we can afford to keep going with it and make more! We haven't released a new product in years so for there to be a new series like this... it's exciting! Especially for me because, well, I simply want to use it myself so I'm putting a lot of love into it and these will be really cool collections including some VERY rare instruments I've had over the years.

In addition to these multi-format libraries we're also going to continue making BFD libraries and for Kontakt I think we're going to just open it up to Kontakt-users instead of the Kontakt Player thing which gets complicated when you have as many products as we do. I love BFD for its drum/engineer oriented features but I also love multi-track drums in Kontakt too because it's a sampler with envelopes and all sorts of useful tweaking features plus I like the way it responds to the keyboard... and since I'm a "keyboard drummer" that appeals to me! There's a bunch of great material I've never released in Kontakt including Hugh Padgham Drums, Nick Mason Drums and more! There's also going to be a revisit to Neil Peart Drums and Ken Scott's Epik Drums in unencrypted Kontakt format as well. It'll be Kontakt 4 too so you can have upward compatibility.

I'm doing an overhaul of all of our best sounds and will try to release everything between this year and next year. After that we'll keep esoundz and SR products around for years to come but it may be the last of the sample libraries I'll be producing because... well, making music itself is more fun! Sampling is tedious and boring. But, the end results are worth it to me and hopefully you can appreciate that too!

Come visit: http://www.esoundz.com for the classic products and expect an update some time this year to the web site with these new series of multi-format and SampleTank, BFD, Reason Refill and Kontakt specific products. I'm also doing an overhaul of the groove libraries to include ALL loop formats AND the associated drum hits (when available) in one package for use with everything... might even add some midi grooves to them on top at some point just to round those off. Anyone who owns the previous version of them will be able to upgrade for super cheap to get the new features.

So, while I'm at it here... any requested POPULAR sampler formats? For me personally I'm interested in having them in Kontakt, Reason, SampleTank, EXS24... but I can understand people's interest in HALion, maybe SFZ and... ?

Hey Dave, nice seeing you back to posting, long time! You guys already cover my preferred formats. For me, BFD (drums) and Kontakt (just about everything else) cover my needs. I've gotten a few UVI Libraries recently and dig that too as they tend to feel more like "plugins" versus sample libraries, but I'm pretty sure that means iLok authorization and a lot of folks understandably aren't comfortable going that route.

Welcome back!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Hey Dave, nice seeing you back to posting, long time! You guys already cover my preferred formats. For me, BFD (drums) and Kontakt (just about everything else) cover my needs. I've gotten a few UVI Libraries recently and dig that too as they tend to feel more like "plugins" versus sample libraries, but I'm pretty sure that means iLok authorization and a lot of folks understandably aren't comfortable going that route.

Welcome back!
Funkybot! Dude! Haha. Yeah man it's been awhile. I wonder if even the forum's mods are still around. I know Allen is though! Just told him I posted here and he laughed.

Yeah no iLok and no encryption apart from the formats that have it like BFD.

It's been a while. :)

Yep, I'm still here.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

moar BFD libraries are always welcome. i love the Vinnie Appice kit - more of things like that would be great.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Squids wrote:So, while I'm at it here... any requested POPULAR sampler formats?
You might find it worthwhile looking at doing them for Falcon.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Nice to see you guys! Been awhile. Thanks for the responses. I've been going through the massive Sonic Reality archives seeing what goes where and thinking about it from my point of view as musician, songwriter and producer in terms of what I'd want and how I'd want it organized and formatted. For me it comes down to two "modes", I'm either in "give me variety mode" where I want to flip through a lot of sound variations for each instrument category (say you're writing a song and you need a good EP but you want to try out 10 different types of Rhodes, Wurlies, Hohners etc. to find the right one) or I'm in "specific instruments with more focus on expression and articulations mode".

When it comes to drums, for example, sometimes at least for writing purposes (and sometimes for production) I'm ok with a stereo GM kit and would rather flip through a bunch of really great sounding ready to go kits to find the right one for the song than to fiddle around with engineering a kit with discrete mics and all that. This is especially if I'm writing and making a demo that I intend to replace the drum track with a live drummer in the studio which I often do. Here's an example of a new song I'm working on with just my piano part and Marco Minnemann replacing my programmed drums to a click:

https://www.facebook.com/marco.minneman ... 315718773/

But, sometimes I'm in the mood to load up a multitrack drum kit and get the blend of the mics, process them with T-RackS 5 from IK Multimedia (especially now that I've helped product engineer presets with guys like Tom Lord-Alge, Nick Davis, Dave Way, Richard Chycki and more) inside my DAW and "produce a drum track" that may possibly be in the final song or in some cases blended with a live kit (I'm doing a production of that now with a mix of drummer Derek Cintron and Hugh Padgham Drums sample library in Kontakt format which was never released but will be). Here's the version of it with JUST Hugh Padgham Drums (which I also mixed in some gritty distorted stereo drums as well in SampleTank 3... I like using SampleTank especially for shaping sounds/patches with effects to the song). https://sonicelements.bandcamp.com/track/paranoia-3 Now, this is kind of a Gabriel/Genesis type song so it made sense to use Hugh Padgham Drums which we recorded at Genesis' studio in their stone room (modeled after The Townhouse stone room where "In The Air Tonight" by Phil Collins and "Intruder" by Peter Gabriel was recorded). But, in an experiment mixing this with live drumming I found it to be even fatter and a subtle bit more realistic sounding yet still having that specific early 80s retro Padgham/Collins production element to it that I like to play with.

Anyway, one of the things I'm going to work on is putting out the unreleased Multitrack Drum Kits in straight Kontakt format where you do have to own Kontakt to use it (and at this point if you were using Kontakt player instruments from us and other sound developers I can't imagine why you wouldn't also want to own the real actual Kontakt instead of just the limited player). What we used to do is create the multitrack drum kits in Kontakt first (because that's why I personally like to play them from the keyboard) and then someone would program it for BFD. We're working on Nick Davis Drums next for BFD. But, there's great stuff that's been released in BFD where we've never released it in Kontakt (Hugh Padgham, Nick Mason, Alan Parsons...) and then there's also quite a lot of stuff that's never been released in either format but this time I think I will release them in Kontakt first and whichever ones are the most popular sellers will be programmed for BFD as well.

Halion/Halion Sonic would be great.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

Hi again Squids! Been lurking here for a very long time- looking for to your new libraries :D
Dariusofwest

Halion & Falcon. Halion 6 has actually made library management a lot easier. So it shouldn't be near the kerfuffle it used to be to try to release a stand alone library.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”