64 Bit Versions of Tweakbench plugins

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HI, can we expect 64 bit versions soon?

The stuff is SE wrapped and years old without any news so i guess the answer is no.. ..maybe aaron will change his mind one day who knows?
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Hmm.. as posted above, yes the version of SE used to create them all is pretty old.
SE now does have a 64 bit option, but it would be a lot of research to see which of them could successfully be upgraded to 64-bit. Definitely not all of them.

What's the advantage to 64-bit version? Are the 32-bits not able to run in specific environments?

tweakbench wrote:Hmm.. as posted above, yes the version of SE used to create them all is pretty old.
SE now does have a 64 bit option, but it would be a lot of research to see which of them could successfully be upgraded to 64-bit. Definitely not all of them.

What's the advantage to 64-bit version? Are the 32-bits not able to run in specific environments?
I am using ableton 9 (64 bit) on windows 7 and am unable to use your peach plugin and from what I hear it's cuz of it being a 32 bit plugin... :help:

Hmm.. any specific reason you're running the 64bit version of Live? Ableton themselves suggest you use the 32bit version unless you specifically need the 64bit memory addressing. Just curious.

Sorry to necro' this thread, but I was also on the search for ways to make Aaron's VSTs work in the 64-bit Ableton Suite.

For me, the 64-bit version is essential (well, it makes my life a whole lot easier, at least), especially when running in conjunction with the Maschine software (also in 64-bit) and some particularly RAM intensive plugins. Ableton no longer recommend the 32-bit version, as the world slowly grinds its way into the 21st century ;)

I would love to be able to use Peach and Triforce again, especially as they feature heavily in the title theme to the podcast I run.

https://soundcloud.com/ageotas/podblarghremastered

If it is a major hassle, however, I fully understand that it isn't worth your time.

Cheers either way!
-Tim

Many of us use jbridge: https://jstuff.wordpress.com/jbridge/
to run 32 bit plugins in a 64 bit environment.
And it doesn't cost a fortune.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

It looks like I may be able to start trying to port some of them to 64bit, as SynthEdit now offers a 64bit wrapper in a beta version. I'm not sure when I'll have time to really try and recreate them all.. but maybe in the next few months!
I now have a windows machine again, so it'll just be a matter of me finding any old modules and DSP bits that were 32 bit before and either replacing them or recreating them.

I've recently been thinking about a full relaunch of the Tweakbench collection all together.

Wish me luck!

Your plugins are the reason why I bought jbridge. The instruments are working great in S1 v3. Haven't bridged any of the effects yet.

Is this software still being updated? I am thinking about purchasing it, but unsure if it is a good call or not?

I'm not really updating the software actively. Also, please understand that you do not need to purchase to get the plugins. Each plugin can be downloaded for free from the site, the $5 is merely a donation with a delivery of one big zip file. The software is absolutely free!!

Return to “Tweakbench”