Would you contribute to the cause?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 6

RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
So just for starters, i love all of the tweakbench VSTs, they're simply awesome.

Having that be said, i DESPERATELY want to be able to use them as AUs in Logic on my mac rather then on VFXplayer (which is bloody horrible, crashes every 10secs, and i cannot record with.)

Now the kind people over at Supper Destroy FX ( http://destroyfx.smartelectronix.com/ (http://destroyfx.smartelectronix.com/) ) have told me that they could convert your VSTs into AUs. (more specifically, Sophia Poirier at destroyfx@smartelectronix.com (mailto:destroyfx@smartelectronix.com)).

Now i understand that doing this may cost more money then you're willing to spend on this but by the sound of it, i am not the only one who wants this done. I would be willing to donate to the cause if you got this started and im sure others would as well (maybe you could give anyone who donates more then a specified sum of money to the cause a copy of the finished AUs?)

im willing to do whatever it takes dude. lets make this happen :)

donnersocial wrote:Now the kind people over at Supper Destroy FX ( http://destroyfx.smartelectronix.com/ ) have told me that they could convert your VSTs into AUs. (more specifically, Sophia Poirier at destroyfx@smartelectronix.com).
Had you told them that the tweakbench stuff is SynthEdit, not native code? I know she's done ports of native code in the past, but SE is quite a different proposition...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
donnersocial wrote:Now the kind people over at Supper Destroy FX ( http://destroyfx.smartelectronix.com/ ) have told me that they could convert your VSTs into AUs. (more specifically, Sophia Poirier at destroyfx@smartelectronix.com).
Had you told them that the tweakbench stuff is SynthEdit, not native code? I know she's done ports of native code in the past, but SE is quite a different proposition...
Exactly.. porting a full set of VERY detailed SE plugins to native AU is quite a difficult task. Hence me not having done it yet. It wouldn't be hard to get approximation of the sounds coming out of the AU's if we just re-modelled the signal paths I created in SE, but it won't sound exactly the same.. nor will it have the same character.

Trust me, no one wants these plugins on Mac more than me.. it's just a very daunting task, one that I suspect would take well upwards of 500-600 hours of coding time..

Yes, That certainly does sound daunting and if these were to become AUs it would be quite a travesty if they were to loose some of the wonderful qualities they have along the way. i will ask that woman about the possibility of working with synth edit but in the mean time, could you suggest any programs besides VFX that will play these?
also, i know this may be a noobish question but when working with a 3rd party VST player, how does one then send the sounds directly to a audio input in logic? ive tried using soundflowerbed but i cant quite get it to work :/ any suggestions?

donnersocial wrote:could you suggest any programs besides VFX that will play these?
the honest answer is to either use bootcamp to dual boot your mac into windows, or buy a super cheap windows laptop for about $400 and it'll run any/all of them perfectly.. if there was a software solution to running them on mac, i'd have been doing myself :)

A way for us to get just the sf2 of peach/triforce etc would be brilliant - we don't need all the stuff in the bundle! I'd pay for it, i guess why not buy the bundle but it seems like the mac market for your stuff is huge and buying loads of needless stuff to get the sf2s might be putting them off - as it's putting me off.

Is just sf2 downloads a possibility?

Calum Bowen wrote:Is just sf2 downloads a possibility?
Sorry, that's just how I want to handle it. It's NOT for mac, and i'm not a SF2 designer.
I feel they are a nice bonus for a donation, but I'd rather not co-opt my windows VST project and make it a SF2 download site for mac users..

Return to “Tweakbench”