FL studio is too inspiring!

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The long and the short of the story is:

I used to be on Mac but I gave FL beta a shot. I have started a couple songs ad I got so super inspired that I produced 4 - 5 great ideas in a couple days; I fell in love with FL's workflow (it unlocked a certain facility in making pop and EDM which I didn't think I had) and thought "I can't wait" so I sold my Mac and bought a PC, also because so I can mix on Samplitude.
The issue is - of course all I have produced on Mac was on a beta version and as we all know, the session files are not compatible with the official release.
I knew that and I have written down all the settings and exported as many files as I can, but that leaves a lot of the automation out of the picture; I am getting ready to put the sessions together again on my PC but it's going to be a long and imperfect project.
So - before I start I thought I'd double check with you guys, knowing it's a long shot. Is there any way to open those sessions on FL 12 (the official release)?
Thanks for your time.
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

Did you try?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Did you try?
Yes I did. The session won't open.
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

That's ridiculous. Sry man.

Submit a request to image line to see if they can help. They usually respond fairly quickly.

you cannot open project files in an older version if created in a more recent one.
as for the platform compatability, i would say no go, but i honestly do not know what that issue entails. i haven't used a mac for a very long time.
maybe you can get in touch with some one who still runs in a mac and could get them to at least bounce it down.
otherwise i think you will have to wait until you are up to the latest version
..hope you find a solution..

IMPORTANT NOTES:

-Projects saved from the BETA won't work in older versions of FL Studio.
-Don't use the BETA to save any important projects. They may not be compatible with the release version (although we will try to avoid that).
-Don't use the BETA for any mission/time critical work.
-The BETA will expire, so there may be a period where you are unable to use the BETA.
-The BETA is missing final-release features, it is a work-in-progress.
Back then Imageline always printed in bold letters that projects created with beta versions won't open with the normal version (not only with older versions). This is because there is so much going on during this process. Features will be dropped, reworked or added, maybe save in an different preset format, ... . As sorry as I am but I think there isn't much they or we can do for you. It's just how it is and this is a normal process.

Return to “Image Line”