is there a way to save a layout?

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a way I can save a view layout, in FL Studio? In some software programs you can have the program open up in the default mode or it's last state. It's last state would be nice. You can start where we left off. I'm finding it takes me awhile to Configure a layout. It hinders the workflow. Here is the setup I have for creating leads:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hmm, it doesn't work like how you want it to be.. Although you can put your pc into sleep or hibernate mode, don't forget to save your project beforehand. Things can be spoiled you know..

there is one way, unfortunately you can only save one layout which is one of those bizarre quirks of FL. If you arrange windows how you want them, go to VIEW -> ARRANGE WINDOWS -> SAVE CUSTOM LAYOUT.
as i say it's not anything special but at least you can save at least one layout. there is no way as far as i know to save this in a settings file. there are some other options to play with there although they seem to be pretty useless.
Layouts and shortcuts ( customizable ones) are the main gripe i have about FL.
it's a great program and i use it a lot, but if they had customizable stuff in it. well, it would be awesome. i almost gave up on FL when first came to use it and even now it drives me crazy that there are so many unused keys for shortcuts, and still have to drill down into menus when a one click, or a right-click context, whatever, would be so welcome.
so, in the meantime, you have ONE custom layout; use it wisely : )

Thanks again inkwarp. But for some reason it doesn't seem to want to work for me. I'm going to try to save as a new file tomorrow. Maybe that will help. I'm surprised someone didn't come up with a script or something, to customize a view. Even a plug-in that will add a drop down box to the interface. Then you could pick from there a layout.
I saved the current arangement. And get this in stead of what's above.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it still doesn't work. Or maybe I have something wrong. I noticed that some of my output devices seem to have failed. MIDI mapper and Microsoft SW synth.

i am not sure i can help; i can't make the picture out very well, but you could try the FL Reddit page?
http://www.reddit.com/r/FL_Studio/
gl

Return to “Image Line”