way to delete multiple notes from piano roll

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I select notes in piano roll I can't seem to be able to delete all notes. I'm using bootcamp and I don't have Del on my keyboard. I'm trying to avoid using cmd+x to cut them out, as in some cases I'd like to copy something in after I delete the notes. Is there like a ctrl/alt/shift + mouse click combo that I'm not aware of? Thanks
I'm such a robot when it comes to work.

Try Ctrl+x
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Ctrl+x is doing the cut as well :/

outside wrote:Ctrl+x is doing the cut as well :/
Strange, because in my FL Studio, piano roll I use the mouse + Ctrl to mark all the notes, then when i press Ctrl+x they all are gone. I can also mark all notes my Ctrl+A, no need the mouse.

Here is a useful link. Maybe you can find something,

https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHe ... rtcuts.htm
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Maybe you misunderstood me, ctrl+x does delete the notes so does cmd+x, but it performs "Cut" instead of "Delete", which makes me unable to paste the notes afterwards that I copied already before doing ctrl+x.

From the link you sent, only "Del" key does the job apparently :(
Last edited by outside on Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

outside wrote:Maybe you misunderstood me, ctrl+x does delete the notes so does cmd+x, but it performs "Cut" instead of "Delete", which makes me unable to paste the notes afterwards that I copied already before doing ctrl+x.

From the link you sent, only "Del" key does the job apparently :(
I don't know if it is possible to reassign shortcuts in FL Studio so Ctrl+Del can be replaced by Ctrl+Something else. I never tried.

Just managed to figure it out, in bootcamp fn + backspace = Del. In case someone is using bootcamp, might find this information useful.

the delete key...

Return to “Image Line”