FL Studio 12.4 - Random lockups/freeze?

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello there,
I've been using FL Studio for the past couple of years without any issues. But for some reason, newer versions, more specifically from version 12 onwards, it's just a neverending sea of errors and glitches and whatnot.
But this particular one I'm gonna talk about is what brought me here, in an attempt to desperately try to solve this before switching to another DAW.

You see, I have this one project that will completely freeze my computer at complete random.
No matter which audio device I use (ASIO4ALL, FL Studio ASIO, etc.), how many plugins I reload... It just locks my computer up, even the cursor. Sometimes it's a short lockup, but it can prolong itself to several minutes, thus making the computer through that period of time completely useless (I have an i7-4790 so I don't think that's the issue). When I go through all mixer tracks, there's no particular track that causes this issue. It can be one, or it can be another. Same with the playlist.

Any other project works just fine. I can tell it's not corrupted because it opens okay without any errors.
I have reinstalled FL Studio several times in an attempt to fix it, but to no avail.

Does anyone here have the same problem? Any possible solutions?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know if any of these can be helpful, but here's what I've experienced:

I have had something similar but it was only when I was using ZGameEditorVisualizer. I thought it was related to accessibility of files so I switched to running FL Studio as administrator. But, I think the real improvement came when I updated my video drivers.

Separate from that, I have had some random lockups when I try and load projects with a lot of effects. I think this is a memory problem and I restart the computer and it solves it for me.

One last thing I experienced was where FL Studio would just shut down on me. I found this was because I had a MIDI port routing issue. It took me awhile to find it but I finally just turned off all my routings and then turned them on or reconnected them one at a time until I found the offender.

I hope this helps somewhat.

Hello there,
it only happens with this particular project.
Restarting only makes matters worse, since it even stops working rather than freezing the whole PC.
I don't have ZGameEditorVisualizer on my project, and I've updated my video drivers several times through the making of the song, so I don't think that's the problem.
The issue persists in 12.5 too, which makes me wonder if Image-Line is optimizing their software enough.
I also have no MIDI devices connected to my PC right now. I only plug my keyboard and Launchpad when I need them.
Thanks anyway ;)

Another thing I haven't mentioned on the post is that CPU usage spikes to 100% and won't go down. Memory leak?

Return to “Image Line”