IL Edison records with glitches!!

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For the longest time I've been wondering where the heck these audio crackles in my project came from then I narrowed it down to tracks that contained audio samples from Edison. Turns out they were part of the audio files themselves (recorded originally by Edison)! :o

To confirm - I just played back something and recorded in Edison and sure enough - there's a small gap in the waveform (i.e. glitch). I record with an RME HDPS9652 loopback output (i.e. master outs fed back to another pair of ins that Edison sees). I use DigiCheck's recording app (using the same ins) and there's no glitch there so it's gotta be an issue with Edison (i.e. if it were a sample sync issue it would occur with DigiCheck's global record too).

Please help! THis makes this app completely useless for me and on top of it, is a headache to try to troubleshoot. Sampling is THE reason I bought this fantastic app to begin with. :help: :?

I think your best bet is to try and ensure you can determine the exact circumstances in which it occurs, so that it can be replicated and tested on other systems. That's the best way to narrow things down.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Having a hard time reproing it now.. :(

Alright got it again. Pretty simple actually:

Setup: Cubase 7.5 x64, Windows 7 x64. Soundcard: RME HDSP 9652 (main) <-> RME Babyface (frontend).

ADAT 3/4 is loopback and contains final stereo out (i.e. anything that plays through my computer gets sent out to my mains - ADAT1/2 and comes back in via ADAT 3/4 at input). If I want to sample ANYTHING at all this config lets me do that. RME DIGICheck also uses ADAT 3/4 for all scope/graphic eq, etc.

Now i just hit record in Edison and play something in Cubase. It should sample it, which it does. Except it contains some glitches now and then. Hit stop. Press play and the glitch can be heard at the same exact spot (i.e. its part of the sample).

just noticed this thread. youre not alone, i have the same problem and its ultimately why i dont rely on fl in general and edison in particular to do recording. i usually record in another app and then import the audio into fl or edison if i want to work with it there.

of course, the apps that are great at recording cant do a lot of the stuff that makes fl great...
Makin' Music Great Again 8)

Edison is sensitive to buffer underruns the same as plugins. You should minimize CPU load first or use another program, or possibly increase buffer size.

Return to “Image Line”