what is the best way of using FL's piano roll release on non native vsts?

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Im using at the moment "last tweaked" and then linking to an envelope controller.

Is there a better way? thanks.

i think you should reword your question, it's a little confusing.
you see to be asking about midi controller assignments?
there a re a few ways to do this. the way you describe ( TOOLS > Last tweaked or Next to last tweaked) or you can click the Multilink to controllers button on the top toolbar ( the one that looks like a knob. this allows you to assign several controllers one after the other.
you can also go to the plugin editor window and select "Browse parameters' which will open a list of all assignment controls in the browser.
i don't know if that help, hope so...
also press F1 for the help - that will help a lot..

Kel wrote:Im using at the moment "last tweaked" and then linking to an envelope controller.

Is there a better way? thanks.
"last tweaked" is awesome since FL save it within the plugin so it's available when you open a new project right from the start. :tu:

PS. If we talking about hardware controller.. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

you can save all your controller assignments by using the 'override generic link' command.
From the manual = "After a Global Link is made, your controller will automatically link to the target in FL Studio or plugin each time it is focused (click on the interface window to focus it). Global Links apply across all Projects, unless overridden by a 'Per-Project link'. The advantage of Global Links allow you to control many targets with one controller knob, slider or switch. "

infinitely more useful for me at least...

edit: this is a very clear tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lTDnAx0sgE

I see.

Thanks all. I understand perfectly how to assign midi etc... or using a controller.

The question is more related to flstudio native capabilities. As you know, for example a native VST can alter release directly from the PR. I mean, using a non native plugin doesnt respond to the release channel on the piano roll. So I wanted to see if there were an alternative.

For example, synth1, if you want to control release you have to link directly with last tweaked and use an envelope controller because the release channel doesnt work. thanks for the answers.

Cheers.

Kel wrote:For example, synth1, if you want to control release you have to link directly with last tweaked and use an envelope controller because the release channel doesnt work. thanks for the answers.
You don't need to use the envelope controller, you can just use automation clips.

Return to “Image Line”