Rendered file have low volume

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone.

I know it's been discussed some time before but looking thru internet and IL-forum I never found any real answers that explain what's happening. When I render a track in FL Studio and listen to the resulting mp3 file or wav file in Windows media player, the volume level is quite low. This really does not make sense.

mp3 files (music) that I bought sounds very loud when I listen to them in media player so I know it had nothing to do with Windows/settings and Media player.
Before rendering I have a level close to 0dB in FLS and it sounds loud enough.
So for now I been using Audacity to add gain of the rendered file to make it louder. But surely it should not be necessary to do like that. So what is the magic solution?
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Are both volume sliders (the general slider on the left side on the top) and on your master in the mixer at 100%?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Yes. I normally don't touch those much and just leave them at default (100%)
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Check this video please. Btw. Does the mp3 sounds also to low in volume when you import it back into FL as in media player?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYBuqDO ... e=youtu.be
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Thanks Murnau.

I will check this video. Yeah, it does not matter if I render with wav or mp3. What ever I render from FLS is about 6dB or more, lower than commercial mp3 track that I bought. So far I solved it by using Audacity and boost my track up about 6dB but its bugging me why I have this issue.

Sorry...I was eating lunch here and reading at the same time..and obviously did not read so carefully. Sorry about that.
When I render a wav file and import it back to FLS with Edison then the level is not so low when I listen to it in FLS.

A million thanks Murnau! :tu:

The video was useful. Turned out that there was an EQ in Media player that I was not aware about. I turned it all off and now the rendered track sounds exactly the same as the original track in FLS. Funny thing (which does not make sense) is that the commercial track I been using as reference is not louder now. It is pretty much the same, while my rendered track jumped up in level. I guess I will get a sleep less night wondering how that is possible :ud:

What settings did the eq on your media player have? It sounds like it cut a lot from your track and not so much from the commercial track so you could check the frequency ranges and adjust the mix of your track accordingly.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

core wrote:What settings did the eq on your media player have? It sounds like it cut a lot from your track and not so much from the commercial track so you could check the frequency ranges and adjust the mix of your track accordingly.
Hi Core.

When I opened that EQ it basically cut low frequencies a lot. When you start to remove the low frequencies the loudness is also affected of course. That makes sense. I guess I will go a remix and a new rendering because I can hear now that the rendered track have way too much low.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ATN69 wrote:A million thanks Murnau! :tu:

The video was useful. Turned out that there was an EQ in Media player that I was not aware about.
Glad you could sort it out. :tu:

Worthy of a bump as this is a really common issue...

Return to “Image Line”