Fl Studio plugins = headroom eaters ?

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lets say Iam droping a loop on the playlist that is peaking exactly at 0dB. Why when i drop ParameticEQ2 or Maximus with init settings on this loop the volume meter will show + 1 dB with EQ and even +3dB with Maximus. Its like making my track quiet for nothing.

Why ? Stuff like this doesn't happen with third party plugins and in other DAWs.

Maykie wrote:Lets say Iam droping a loop on the playlist that is peaking exactly at 0dB. Why when i drop ParameticEQ2 or Maximus with init settings on this loop the volume meter will show + 1 dB with EQ and even +3dB with Maximus. Its like making my track quiet for nothing.

Why ? Stuff like this doesn't happen with third party plugins and in other DAWs.
Both PEQ2 and Maximus use oversampling (it's the HQ button in peq2). Disable it. Or rather turn down the volume :hihi:

maybe this might be of interest to you
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&t=436864
I have noticed ..while all channel settings are set to default -5db , this actually means 0db .
Don't ask me why , iow setting a channel to 0db ( like all other daws default mixer seting) flstudio magically ads 5 db ..
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Image Line”