OSX Harmor

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone have any idea about the possible time frame for when Harmor will be released (not alpha or beta), for OSX? I really want to get it and might buy it now with the sale, even though I can't use it until the OSX version is released. But can we expect to see it go production this year?
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Why can't you use it now? The alpha is pretty functional, the only major issues are the gui is rather sluggish and some third party presets don't load properly (but not many now - most are fixed), plus for now it's just 32 bit VST, but it plays pretty well for an alpha.

I will try the alpha. I am just trying to decide whether to plunk down the money for it now is all, while the sale is on. if they are actively working towards an actual final release that is not too far off, then I will plunk down the cash. Don't wanna put down cash if its going to linger in alpha state for a long time. It does sound from your words like they are actively working on it, sounds good and positive.

So I just tried the alpha. It does not get recognized by Digital Performer at all, not even to scan it. EnergyXT recognizes it but when I try to use it, the gui comes up, but is non-respondant to the mouse at all, un-usable. Tried it on Reaper, seems to work ok there, twiddled a few sounds, sounds good. I don't have time at the moment to really put it through any kind of paces, but generally seems to be working in Reaper at least. Still I'd like to know for sure what kind of timeline for final release before I spend.

Yeah I get that in eXT too but it also does it with some other plugins - I think eXT is just out of date in how it handles some graphics libraries.

More info wanted!
Last edited by V0RT3X on Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

Still pretty interested in this and Sytrus. Does anyone have an estimate on when the final versions will be released ?
:borg:

All around, Alpha version already working well except few GUI hiccups. Sonically, it's pretty flawless already. I hope the development is still work in progress ( ?) and going good…

But still, I can't wait to see the real final commercial version of it and throw the guys behind it my money, it's just an amazing synth that I wanna buy an official license :D

Development seems to have stalled at the moment, not been an update for ages. It is much improved and does at least play now but still has some weaknesses in relation to patch management and midi learn and could be further optimised to improve some gui sluggishness. Plus badly needs a 64 bit version, same for Edison, neither of them do well with JBridge although they do better in Bitwig.

Looking forward to try it when it is 64 bit! :o
Ibis

What is going on?
Ibis

Return to “Image Line”