Why doesn't Directwave get much love?

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As a sampler it seems to have a lot of potential but its rarely updated and doesn't work with any even slightly large giga files, it just throws up an error and crashes when it eats up all the ram, i have to resort to linuxsampler for a lot of stuff.

It seems such a shame that Image Line let their older plugins go so long without any updates or improvements, especially considering they do come up with some good new stuff now and then, still the old plugins shouldn't be neglected, its all part of the package that makes flstudio what it is.

The problem is time, there are some other projects that have priority at the moment. It'll be better some day.

Not to beat a dead horse, but Theory144 has a point. Directwave is really too unstable to use unless Im using the internal dwb sounds (imports of different formats makes it quirky) . Any large files it can't handle. Maybe a new sampler would be in order if updating the current code is too much of a hassle
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

I would love to use it, but the fact that it does not really have a built in sample library kind of sucks. I do not have the time or samples to load... or edit for that matter.

I feel the same, it's got a lot of potential but takes up so much memory that it crashes on anything really big. :(

I LOVE Directwave. I load drumkit samples with lots of samples into it on the fly all the time. It's my "go-to" sample player. It very very rarely crashes, even bridged for 64 bit.

Unfortunately, I have read here that the developer died, so it's a legacy product at best.

And I do not love ImageLine and would be loathe to buy an upgrade from them.

Return to “Image Line”