Slicex VSTi problem

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm using Slicex as a VSTi in Cubase 5, and just recently I started having an issue. Sometimes when I load a break in Slicex and set all my markers properly, the last few slices won't trigger from the piano roll. When I right-click on the slices directly in Slicex, it will play the slice. But when I go to draw in that note in the piano roll, it won't trigger. It seems that maybe there's a limit to the amount of slices you can trigger, but that doesn't make sense. I've never experienced this in FL Studio's version...this is only happening in the VSTi version. For example, I loaded a break in Slicex in Cubase 5, and upon slicing, it came to 19 individual slices/regions. I can right click on every slice to audition it, no problem. But the last 2 slices won't trigger from the piano roll. Loading the same exact break in FL Studio's slicex gives me no such problem. Anyone ever experienced this?

Thanks is advance.
eRoCk

I don't have the VSTi version but I've noticed in FL Studio often after editing and adding slices that the new slices will have their volume set to zero. Look in the Region Settings area, at the Amp knobs.

I have no idea why or when this happens, or if it's the cause of your problem, but I know it's caused me a lot of grief in the past. Poking around the Image-Line forums it seems that the problem may be with undo, I guess that screws stuff up, I've never been able to replicate the problem reliably so I can't say for sure if it still happens with the latest versions but check it out.

Return to “Image Line”