Can't get Directwave content--am I doing this right?

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've had an FLS license for years. Producer Edition. But I also have bought most of their VSTi's over the years.

So, with the various promos they've got going, I plunk down a few bucks to upgrade to the Signature Bundle. For me, Directwave is really the only reason to do this, but the price seems right.

So now, I spend a good chunk of the evening monkeying around with downloads and updates and regcodes. I've done all of this a million times before, but I can't seem to get this one right. If anyone has some answers or something to nudge me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. I've nosed around KVR a bit, as well as the FAQ at IL, but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

1. Following the instructions in my account, I've re-installed the latest version of FLS and then hit it with the reg code. But the program still shows it as Producer Edition. Is this right? Or should it say Sig. Bundle?

2. I've also downloaded and Reg Coded the content library interface and Directwave (vst). I'm more comfortable working in Cubase, so I tried getting Directwave going in that. Directwave itself seems to work fine, but I'm curious about the content, which is really what I bought it for.

When I click on the presets in Directwave, the content library thingy pops up and has a long list of items, including DW. When I go to DW and open that up, I get a bunch of sub directories. It looks like you have to click each sub directory to get that content. So my question here is: Is there just ONE button somewhere that you can hit to get all the DW content in one shot?

3. If there's NOT just one button to get all the content, going through the various sub-directories reveals not a lot of content. Oh, there's lots of stuff listed, but most of it is grayed out, leaving just one or two demo patches to download. As a registered DW user, am I supposed to get access to the other stuff too? If so, how do I do this?

4. If as a DW user I'm NOT supposed to get access to the other stuff, I've got to ask why anyone would bother buying it in the first place? What justifies the $99 MSRP without the content?

I know I'm probably missing something obvious (I seem to be doing that a lot lately), but I am surprised that this process isn't at least a bit more intuitive.

To any responders, thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Sunday bump. Anyone?
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

FL Studio still shows up as producer edition with the signature bundle, that's normal. After all the DAW itself is the same, you just get additional plugins.

The Directwave stuff has to be downloaded before you can use it. Anything that is white or yellow can be downloaded free.

You'll see alot of grey items. There's more stuff to buy than stuff provided for free. But after you download everything available for free it is fairly substantial.

P.S. IMO one of Directwave's best uses is as a VST sampler. For example, the Sylenth1 demo inspired a few ideas, but I couldn't save them with the demo. Sampled Sylenth1 with Directwave and saved the project until I can buy Sylenth1.

chj wrote: P.S. IMO one of Directwave's best uses is as a VST sampler. For example, the Sylenth1 demo inspired a few ideas, but I couldn't save them with the demo. Sampled Sylenth1 with Directwave and saved the project until I can buy Sylenth1.
We have a video of how to do that here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ROoPtv9g5Q

You can also sample effects with Fruity Convolver...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzAmGtoswAE

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Return to “Image Line”