Newtone Versus Melodyne

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone know how Newtone will compare with Melodyne?
Will features and functionality be relatively comparable?
As an FL Producer Edition owner would I be wasting my money by getting Melodyne?
Better to wait for Newtone?

You can check it out for yourself now :

http://www.image-line.com/documents/news.php

Enjoy!
Jean-Marie Cannie @ Image-Line - FL Studio

Thanks for reminder!

@JMC-
I got the email and I've read the IL news releases, etc., but I'm still not clear on how the new bundle works. I've got the producer edition, but I routinely buy all of IL's plugs so I can use them as .vst plugs as well.

It appears that this bundle is not .vst, correct? Will it be at some point?

Also, it looks as though these will be included in FL 10. Will it be part of the Producer Edition?

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:It appears that this bundle is not .vst, correct? Will it be at some point?
NewTone is FL only & will normally remain this way.

Pitcher is currently VSTi only (in order to accept midi notes but the FL version is in the works.
BERFAB wrote:it looks as though these will be included in FL 10. Will it be part of the Producer Edition?
Both NewTone & Pitcher will remain commercial/additional products (although they are almost free at the moment).
Jean-Marie Cannie @ Image-Line - FL Studio

Got it, thanks, JMC.

Curious that the two plugs in this bundle can't, as yet, be used together as one is FL only and one is vsti only (though this will change).

I would think that a NewTone vsti would have immense potential as a vsti, but what do I know? I think all your plugs are great vsti's...

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

JMC wrote:
BERFAB wrote: Pitcher is currently VSTi only (in order to accept midi notes but the FL version is in the works.
The shop says it needs FL to work, correct ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...

stanlea wrote:
JMC wrote:
BERFAB wrote: Pitcher is currently VSTi only (in order to accept midi notes but the FL version is in the works.
The shop says it needs FL to work, correct ?
As far as I am aware Pitcher,although a VST won't work outside of FL Studio. We made it as a VST so it could accept note input from the MIDI Out plugin.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Just curious : why don't you sell newtone and pitcher as vsts ? You could make golden bollocks out of these.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Image-Line wrote:As far as I am aware Pitcher,although a VST won't work outside of FL Studio. We made it as a VST so it could accept note input from the MIDI Out plugin.
Are you saying the final version won't work in other hosts? Because I just tried it and it worked fine in Cubase.

stanlea wrote:Just curious : why don't you sell newtone and pitcher as vsts ? You could make golden bollocks out of these.
+1

This new stuff looks quite interesting but it's clearly no reason to give up one's favourite host for Flstudio :/

Image-Line wrote:
As far as I am aware Pitcher,although a VST won't work outside of FL Studio. We made it as a VST so it could accept note input from the MIDI Out plugin.

Regards Scott
Ive loaded Pitcher in Ableton successfully.
Didnt do much testing though

hmmmm, we should be able to contend with this

http://www.kvraudio.com/db/liquid_trump ... eberschall

I loaded some ethnic string loops in Pitcher the other day and was very pleased with the results. Cant wait for the release version of Pitcher, just wish it was a VST too :cry:

Return to “Image Line”