Mac Bio,, Denormals, continuing saga, EDIT, i've given up, go to hell imageline.

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

are you guys serious? is this that much of a joke to you?

Sorry for the late reply.

Have you tried the newest version of the plugins?
http://www.image-line.com

If it still happens with those, I'll forward it to Maxx again.

ok i will try them.. these were obviously just released... will let you know...

absolutely no change whatsoever.

If he cant reproduce this, he's lying. pure and simple.

I've asked Maxx to check it out again.

tell him to watch the video i posted. they are so bad now that even the default clean preset does it.. it's completely unusable....

poizone still seems ok.. it's sawer and to a much bigger degree toxic.

Reproduced now on 9 different machines here.

ttoz -
Thank you for the time you've devoted to this thread/issue. Seeing how this was/is being handled is enough to keep me away from this company.

Cheers ~ jp

so any progress? do you think we might be able to finally use the synth we have paid for 2 + years ago by the end of this year?

ttoz wrote:so any progress? do you think we might be able to finally use the synth we have paid for 2 + years ago by the end of this year?
Maxx has promised again to check it out, after he finishes the plugin he's working on now (it's almost finished).

That said, did you ever try it in GarageBand? That would be interesting to know.

Btw, I've tested it in Studio One on a Core 2 Duo MacBook and I can't reproduce it so far (using Sawer). CPU usage seems normal to me.

Could you remind me what kind of mac you're using? And which version of OSX?

why not use biohazard? i said sawer suffered to a much lesser extent.

Once again.

core 2 duo macbook pro 2.4ghz intel, and quad core nehalem mac pro 2.93 ghz.

motu ultralite on quad, m-audio firewire solo on duo, and of course in built sound to doublecheck if it was a fault of the m-audio driver.

did you even watch the video i posted? Ok reflex i will make you a deal. Post a VIDEO showing you hitting a key on BIOHAZARD in STUDIO ONE OR Logic, SHOWING THE CPU USAGE METER NOT doing a horrible denormal spike, and i will shut up about this for the rest of my days.

Ok, with Toxic Biohazard I get a cpu spike on the start of the first note and the end of all notes. I'll talk to Maxx again.

It might not be denormals, btw. At first look it seems more like allocating/deallocating resources when the note starts and ends.

well its the only synth that does it, in existence, and since it overloads a whole core, it makes it unusable in even moderately loaded projects

I've been eyeing this synth for a couple years, but I remember trying it and finding there some cpu issues.

I can't believe how long this has been going on and how long they've neglected to even try to reproduce this.

I feel for anyone who owns this and can't actually use it properly!

Return to “Image Line”