Mac Bio,, Denormals, continuing saga, EDIT, i've given up, go to hell imageline.

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ttoz wrote:Honestly, you guys absolutely APPALL me. Enough.
That's some way to start a bug report.
I went to menu "online content" then chose a sub menu, then the IL download manager was launched, then live crashed.
What version of Live do you use, and what exact version of OSX (just so I can check that I have the same versions for testing)?
so i launched the download IM on it's own as a standalone, and guess what, it tells me i do not own the presets LOL so it won't let me download anything. They are all blue.
The download manager in OSX has to be registered separately. To do this:
1. download a regcode file from your user account (the same one as for Windows)
2. open the download manager
3. click Options and then Register...
4. locate the downloaded regcode file
So, i tried to do it via logic. using the browser as usual within biohazard. when the download manager launched, logic's beachball spins forever. I have to force quit.
Unfortunately I don't have Logic here to test, but I'm sure it's the same problem as with Live, so we'll focus on that.

Do you use the AudioUnit or the VST version of the plugin, btw?
I choose bass- attitude totc, hit one key, cpu usage minimal, say 3 or 4%, release key, 1 second later, cpu shoots to 80%.
Can you check to make sure it's version 1.0.3 of the plugin that you've got installed (in the about screen of the plugin)?
Secondly, i think it's refund time. Don't you?
No, I don't at this point.

mw wrote:Imageline... stop rushing releases and work on fixing what you have. Responses like "I'm really busy right now, I don't know when I'll be able to get around to fixing that" shouldn't be part of your tech support.
Tell me what's wrong and I'll try to fix it. If it has to do with importing external banks, I'm still waiting for news from ChickenSys.

reflex wrote:
ttoz wrote:Honestly, you guys absolutely APPALL me. Enough.
That's some way to start a bug report.
I went to menu "online content" then chose a sub menu, then the IL download manager was launched, then live crashed.
What version of Live do you use, and what exact version of OSX (just so I can check that I have the same versions for testing)?
so i launched the download IM on it's own as a standalone, and guess what, it tells me i do not own the presets LOL so it won't let me download anything. They are all blue.
The download manager in OSX has to be registered separately. To do this:
1. download a regcode file from your user account (the same one as for Windows)
2. open the download manager
3. click Options and then Register...
4. locate the downloaded regcode file
So, i tried to do it via logic. using the browser as usual within biohazard. when the download manager launched, logic's beachball spins forever. I have to force quit.
Unfortunately I don't have Logic here to test, but I'm sure it's the same problem as with Live, so we'll focus on that.

Do you use the AudioUnit or the VST version of the plugin, btw?
I choose bass- attitude totc, hit one key, cpu usage minimal, say 3 or 4%, release key, 1 second later, cpu shoots to 80%.
Can you check to make sure it's version 1.0.3 of the plugin that you've got installed (in the about screen of the plugin)?
Secondly, i think it's refund time. Don't you?
No, I don't at this point.
it's the AU, yes it's 1.03, i'll try the download manager reg trick i am sure that will work, but it don't matter, cause of the denormals, it makes the plug unusable. leopard is 10.5.6

ok update. registered download manager, now banks are available to download. I launch download manager standalone, double click on for example ambient category for biohazard, it asks me if i want to download all items, i say yes, it downloads.

I did all the banks, then tried to quit download manager and i got the endless spinning beachball of death. Needless to say the banks were not available in biohazard, trying to select them launched the download manager with usual crash.

so i opened the standalone DL manager app again, and tried to close it. it closed. so i opened it again, and downloaded just one bank this time (ambient), tried to close it, spinning beachball of death, force quit.

seeing a patter here? how do you expect me to react? Is 7 months not long enough to get this working? This is the most basic of functions that your product is not capable of. Have i been clear enough? when i said completely broken, i meant it. It is.

I've asked Maxx to take a look at the denormals.

I'll check out the crash tomorrow. The banks won't download to the correct location for Toxic and Morphine when downloaded from the manager, so they do have to be downloaded from the plugins themselves. But it shouldn't crash, so I'll try to reproduce and fix that.

ok well let's hope this gets fixed then after all.

With the denormals, it's so easy to see on the bass patches especially if you only play one key, cause then the plugin uses little cpu, and really highlights the immense spike.

Re download manager, well, we will see.

Hopefully it won't be another 7 months which is when i first reported the denormals too.

hi can this please be fixed ? :)

:roll:

ridiculous.

and rude of imageline.

remind me to NEVER buy anything from you EVER again.

I haven't been able to reproduce this so far. Does it happen every time?

reproduce what...the download manager crash or the denormals?

The crash.

hmmmm.... what host r u using? it does happen every time for me...

are you on leopard 10.5.6?

did you try logic?

it happens in live too though for me.

i suppose ic ould try the vst but there is no point till the denormals are fixed anyway

You said earlier that you used the standalone downloader when it crashed. Is that correct? Or does it also crash when you start a download from Toxic itself?

ttoz wrote:hmmmm.... what host r u using? it does happen every time for me...

are you on leopard 10.5.6?
I test most in Live in 10.5.6 (always the latest), on a Core 2 Duo mini.

from toxic itself it crashes. as i said yes with the standalone, if i have actually downloaded a file, it crashes.

i am on a different mac now, my laptop, maybe i can try it here too. does toxic have the latest version of the download manager? the latest version of toxic is on image line dl page right?

Return to “Image Line”