Mac Bio,, Denormals, continuing saga, EDIT, i've given up, go to hell imageline.

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We're working on this.

reflex wrote:We're working on this.
sweet. Can't Wait.

Can you try the newly released version from http://www.image-line.com?

reflex wrote:Can you try the newly released version from http://www.image-line.com?
hi tried the new version works sweet but no presets downloads em but can' seem to find them
I had a folder with them in. In my presets folder. but it can't find them.
so i deleted it and tried again hoping it would put a new folder there.
No Joy.
Am i doing something wrong
thanks again Great work on sorting it out.

dirtboy1990 wrote:hi tried the new version works sweet but no presets downloads em but can' seem to find them
No Joy.
This is in OSX with Logic?

What if you search your computer for the name of the presets you downloaded? Does it find them anywhere?

reflex wrote:
dirtboy1990 wrote:hi tried the new version works sweet but no presets downloads em but can' seem to find them
No Joy.
This is in OSX with Logic?

What if you search your computer for the name of the presets you downloaded? Does it find them anywhere?
hi
yeah i'm on OSX 10.4
no tried a search with spotlight no joy.
thanks for the quick reply

Does the download manager show them as downloaded, or with an error?

I have had the same problem with the download manager, using Logic on OSX latest version. They appear to download, the manager does not report an error, and lists them as finished. They do not show up in the browser, and they are not in the presets folder. The crash on close issue is gone, I tried in Logic and Renoise. Renoise gives a zipper noise on changing presets, but not in Logic. I have had Toxic since version 3 first came out, but moved to Mac 18 months ago, the real problem I have is the CPU usage on the Mac version seems very high, a typical pad using 3 or 4 notes will go over 40%, sustained chords will cause cracks and pops. I found on PC the CPU was a bit high, but useable.

reflex wrote:Does the download manager show them as downloaded, or with an error?
It shows them as downloaded.

Do you have Morphine? If so, does downloading from it work?

If it doesn't work, could you try from the standalone version of Morphine?

Hi No i don't Own Morphine. in my application support folder>ImageLine Folder> downloader folder> Downloads folder i have direct wave.txt
fpc.txt
synthmaker txt
toxic bio txt
is this meant to be there
I've repaired permission's
still no joy

dirtboy1990 wrote:in my application support folder>ImageLine Folder> downloader folder> Downloads folder i have direct wave.txt (...)
Yes, those files are meant to be there.

Can you give me some more info about your computer? What version of OSX do you have? What kind of mac?

reflex wrote:
dirtboy1990 wrote:in my application support folder>ImageLine Folder> downloader folder> Downloads folder i have direct wave.txt (...)
Yes, those files are meant to be there.

Can you give me some more info about your computer? What version of OSX do you have? What kind of mac?
I'm on 10.4.11 and it's imac intel core duo 1.83ghz 2 gig ram. it works fine peaks when first used but ok. just can't download the other patches. thanks

Honestly, you guys absolutely APPALL me. Enough.

I have installed in a brand new machine, a mac pro, nothing to do with my previous machines, on a fresh install of live 7.014, logic 8.02, and latest toxic biohazard 1.03.

I launched then authorized biohazard.

I went to menu "online content" then chose a sub menu, then the IL download manager was launched, then live crashed.

so i launched the download IM on it's own as a standalone, and guess what, it tells me i do not own the presets LOL so it won't let me download anything. They are all blue.

So, i tried to do it via logic. using the browser as usual within biohazard. when the download manager launched, logic's beachball spins forever. I have to force quit.

So NOW, i say to myself, let's pray at least the denormals have been fixed.

I choose bass- attitude totc, hit one key, cpu usage minimal, say 3 or 4%, release key, 1 second later, cpu shoots to 80%.

This is becoming tiresome. I bought this when i was on windows granted but only buy software that is mac and pc and had that in mind that i might switch. Little did i know the disaster. I have all these third party banks i can't use, a biohazard i can't even download the factory soundbanks for, and a plug in that is denormaling in 2009 of all things.

So to cap up, it's the only plugin that crashes my machine, in fact, i am not pleased, logic hadn't had a crash either had live until this, and it's causing me all sorts of problems as i have explained, and you know how long i have been complaining about this.

So to be forward, whoever codes your mac versions, he/she has absolutely no f**king idea what they are doing.

Secondly, i think it's refund time. Don't you?

Similar experience here with Directwave. I just don't even bother using it. They always say "the fix is coming soon", years later and its still broken and no Mac version as promised anywhere soon. It's going to be hard for me to ever buy anything else from them. Why waste money on something if it doesn't work and it won't be fixed. Some software companies really have you buy the b*lls! They can take your money, make their own rules and leave you out in the cold.

Sorry you are having so many problems. I know the frustration with the "the fix is coming soon" motto. My advice, get out while you can and press for a refund!

Imageline... stop rushing releases and work on fixing what you have. Responses like "I'm really busy right now, I don't know when I'll be able to get around to fixing that" shouldn't be part of your tech support.

Return to “Image Line”