Using CMVocoder in Cubase SX

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Although I own FLStudio Producer version, I loaded the Computer Music VST version of Vocoder into Cubase SX3 to see what it could do there.

I'm not entirely sure I have it configured correctly and I was hoping someone could help me out. What I did was load the Vocoder into a global send FX slot. Then I just picked two tracks with audio data (one drumloop and one synth pad)and activated the Vocoder send for each of those tracks, panning one hard left and the other hard right.

This is roughly the configuration in the I-Line tutorial for FLStudio Vocoder, but it appears that this isn't translating right with Cubase.

Can anyone set me straight here?

Thanks
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

There are 3 different pan "modes" in Cubase. The default one, when panning a stereo signal hard left, actually is between center and hard left to retain stereo. If you right-click on the pan control you can set it to "Stereo dual panner" instead. Then you can pan to true mono.

If this is the case you get bleed from the carrier into the modulator and vice-versa.

jupiter8 wrote:There are 3 different pan "modes" in Cubase. The default one, when panning a stereo signal hard left, actually is between center and hard left to retain stereo. If you right-click on the pan control you can set it to "Stereo dual panner" instead. Then you can pan to true mono.

If this is the case you get bleed from the carrier into the modulator and vice-versa.
Thanks. I had forgotten about that. You've saved me countless hours of banging my head on the console.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Return to “Image Line”