What's the catch with Sytrus?

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just found by random the Sytrus site (following an announcement of DirectWave in a post) and i'm amazed by the sounds and soundquality of the demos of this synth. So why don't we hear more from Sytrus in the scene? What's the catch?

2nd question (if someone knows): were the transformer sounds (gated hooks) in the demo done with Sytrus only, or sidechained?

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

I think they have done with Sytrus itself.

Sytrus is a great FM synth :)... Just like Toxic and Octopus btw... Why don't we hear more of it? because most of its users use the FLStudio version, and many of those don't visit kvraudio (which focuses on VST).

I don't think there's a catch. Besides the quality of the plugin, the only thing you want to know is that you cannot resell it. And be careful to order the VST version on their site and not the FLStudio version ;).

Thank you M'Snah. How high is your provision? ;)
Honestly, it sounds really amazing, the envelopes are fast as hell, the transients are stunning. It plays in the highest league of hardware.

There's no catch, but Sytrus does take up a MOTHERLOAD of CPU (at least for me). That's it.
Developers Developers...

Perhaps it isn't taken seriously because it's made by Image-Line who develop Frooty which isn't considered a pro DAW by many. Anyway I'm glad I took part in the autumn groupbuy and got it.
“Somebody said to me, ‘But the Beatles were antimaterialistic.’ That’s a huge myth. John and I literally used to sit down and say, ‘Now, let’s write a swimming pool.’ ”

M'Snah wrote:be careful to order the VST version on their site and not the FLStudio version ;).
(other than for our stats) there's no difference in ordering
the FL or VSTi version (you're getting both with the order).
Jean-Marie Cannie @ Image-Line - FL Studio

Barbarossa wrote:So why don't we hear more from Sytrus in the scene?
Guess you hear most about a product on forums ... when it's broken :)

Other than that we have to spread our advertising budgets over our different products (FL Studio, Sytrus, EZGenerator, DiectWave, ... and (now) JuicePack).
Barbarossa wrote:What's the catch?
As mentioned higher most of the (+5000, which is really high for a VSTi) Sytrus customers are FL Studio users that mainly frequent the FL Studio forums.
Barbarossa wrote:were the transformer sounds (gated hooks) in the demo done with Sytrus only, or sidechained?
I don't know transformer sounds you are talking about (the 'sequence' presets?) but Sytrus has some of the most powerfull arpeggiated envelopes (probably used to do the effect you mentioned). You can find out more about those here :

http://www.flstudio.com/help/html/plugi ... us_arp.htm

The only demo I know of that's mainly realised by sequencing is the last (bagpipe) one.

JMC,
thank you for your answers.

JMC wrote:Other than that we have to spread our advertising budgets over our different products (FL Studio, Sytrus, EZGenerator, DiectWave, ... and (now) JuicePack).
Over the last two years there's been a lot of FM synths - Rhino, FM Heaven, Sytrus, Toxic, Oxe, Octopus, Blue, and of course FM-7. It's hard to stand out among such a crowd. Of that list, I probably go to Rhino first (because it was the one I bought first, and I have some of DSJM's soundsets), but in the end I probably use Rhino and Sytrus about equally for FM. I do find the Sytrus GUI to be a bit small, but that's been thrashed over for forever.

BTW, I bought EZG partly on the basis of my familiarity with Image Line and FLS (which I've had since 3.56), and I am extremely satisfied with the results.

Doug
Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad - Spock, in "I, Mudd"

For a good time click http://www.belindabedekovic.com/video_fl_en.htm

dougsyo wrote:Over the last two years there's been a lot of FM synths - Rhino, FM Heaven, Sytrus, Toxic, Oxe, Octopus, Blue, and of course FM-7. It's hard to stand out among such a crowd.
Sytrus is far more than an FM synth. Please take the time to check out its presets. I believe half of them don't use any FM synthesis at all.
dougsyo wrote:I bought EZG partly on the basis of my familiarity with Image Line and FLS (which I've had since 3.56), and I am extremely satisfied with the results.
Nice to hear. Thx.

Return to “Image Line”