FL plugins seem to be missing Preset box in SONAR.

Official support for: image-line.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

All of the IL plugins seem to be missing the dropdown preset boxes when inserted into SONAR?

Could this be due to Sonar's VST Adapter? I haven't noticed the problem in either eXT or FL (when loading as a VST).

Whenever I see something flaky with respect to Sonar's adapter and an instrument, I try either DirectIXer or putting the plugin into EnergyXT inside CWVSTA or DirectIXer to see if the problem continues.

I'm not sure whether this is a CWVSTA bug or an Image Line bug, so with the above information I'd send it to both :) but in the meantime you have a workaround until it's fixed.

Doug
Logic is a pretty flower that smells bad - Spock, in "I, Mudd"

For a good time click http://www.belindabedekovic.com/video_fl_en.htm

What version of Sonar? And are you using the latest version of Juice Pack (1.0.2)?

Sonar Studio Edition 5 -> Upgraded and patched to the latest 5.2

Using the latest Juice Pack. (re-downloaded and re-installed to make sure)

dougsyo: Heh, to be honest, using eXT in the FX area is good thing anyway as it cleans up the bus view no end. ;)

Ok, I get this too. Must be one of the weirdest problems I've yet encountered though.

Out of curiosity, why are the presets implemented inside the VST gui? Is it because the plugins use their own preset format?

fandango wrote:Out of curiosity, why are the presets implemented inside the VST gui? Is it because the plugins use their own preset format?
It's because it was simpler (and therefore less likely to have bugs) to implement it like this. VST presets can be changed, which makes it more complex for us, starting from unchangeable ones.

It's also easier to add new presets in a future version. And the plugin settings are smaller this way (each preset/program in VST adds to the size of the plugin settings, when saved as a bank).

fandango wrote:All of the IL plugins seem to be missing the dropdown preset boxes when inserted into SONAR?
Okay, this may sound like a weird question ;) but have you ever tried any of uhe's plugins? i.e Zebra2, Zebralette or Filterscape.
I ask because I can't see the dials inside of any of those plugins, I get the exact same black space where the action should be happening and I've had it since I made the switch to Sonar5.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

Out of curiousity... Weren't those in the picture fruityloops exclusive fx (non-vst)? How could you use them in Sonar?
"when you have nothing to say - shut up." -A friend of Luc Besson

gassle wrote:Out of curiousity... Weren't those in the picture fruityloops exclusive fx (non-vst)? How could you use them in Sonar?
Check the thread about the release of "Juice Pack" in this forum :)

reflex: Ah, cool.

MoonDive: Sounds like the same thing. I'll try the demo of DirectiXer and see what happens in Tonewise's VST wrapper.

gassle: Imageline have released them as VSTs. They are now grouped as the "Juice Pack"

http://www.image-line.com/documents/juicepack.html

Juice Pack!? :shock: Aha, I should check this out! 8)
"when you have nothing to say - shut up." -A friend of Luc Besson

fandango wrote:I'll try the demo of DirectiXer and see what happens in Tonewise's VST wrapper.

Same thing. Curious.

I've fixed this issue in version 1.0.3, which is now available (same download location as before).

Just checked the new version in Sonar, works fine. Great! :D

Return to “Image Line”