Direct Wave & Samplitude 8.3

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I installed the demo but I can't get any sound out of it . Is there a setting I'm missing? All my other VSTi's work fine in Samp.Shame because I love the way it looks .

Regards
Kraznet

Have you tried to load a soundbank into it?

reflex wrote:Have you tried to load a soundbank into it?
Yes I loaded the "Blue Gretch Lead" . There doesn't seem to be any MIDI reaching the plug-in when I play my controller and when I click the Directwave keyboard I'm getting no sound either .

Regards
Kraznet

I have done some more tests. I can load up Styrus and play it immediately no problems. Load up Directwave, load a preset , no sound. I have Fruity Loops 6 XXL but I haven't had in installed for quite a long time. Anyway I installed it and opened it from within Samplitude via Rewire added a Directwave device loaded up a sample and bingo! So it seems to work within FL using Rewire.Incidentally it shows up as a Demo in FL is this correct? Will I need to buy the VSTi to make it into a full version ?

One more questions :) Does Directwave use disk streaming? As it would be great if I could load my GigaPiano into it.

Regards
Kraznet

This has been posted in FL DirectWave forums aswell:

Samplitude looks to be the problem here.

DirectWave is compiled with latest VstSdk (V2.4), in this new version of the vst plugin software development kit, the rendering function called "process" (render and mix into output buffers) had been deprecated, and now plugins should use processReplacing (render and overwrite into output buffers) only, DirectWave uses processReplacing and -reports- to the host that processReplacing is available (canProcessReplacing(true))". But Samplitude looks to ignore and keep calling deprecated process() rendering.

The reason of this could be that a -lot of shitty- old vst plugins had unexpected / bad behaviours with processReplacing even if they report they support it.

Step back would be forcing deprecations to work or rollback and compile with VstSdk version 2.3, wich in both cases is a dumb move.

You'll need to report this or/and wait Samplitude to be updated.

Argu.

Thank you for your detailed reply arguru. It looks like the ball is in Magix's court as far as this problem is concerned.Maybe they will implement VST 2.4 in version 9.I will mention it on the user forum and see if I get any response from the developers.
Regards
Kraznet

Glad I found this post. I tried Directwave today in Samplitude 8.3 with the same disappointing results. Kraznet, I looked over at the Samplitude forum did you ever post about this? Looks like a really good program, shame we can't use it.
"..because anybody can
or should be able to rock off turntables
Grab the mic, plug it in and begin
..." -KRS-One
www.myspace.com/synthlegend

Sielsynth wrote:Glad I found this post. I tried Directwave today in Samplitude 8.3 with the same disappointing results. Kraznet, I looked over at the Samplitude forum did you ever post about this? Looks like a really good program, shame we can't use it.
Hi Sielsynth,
I was planning on posting on the forum but I've been rather busy lately. Also I figured it probably won't work until version 9 if we're lucky. I agree it is a nice program although it lacks the direct from disk streaming.
Regards
Kraznet

Return to “Image Line”