Does DirectWave hang T2 scan? Maybe 2x Directwave installed.

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I may have found a bug in DW. Not sure. It happened as a result of me deep-scanning in T2 because of the edison version update in juicepack. Anyway it was working fine and wasn't ignored. However once I set it up and setup my internal DW VST path (that is to say within DW plugin itself) it hangs tracktion deep scan and I have to end-task it. When I restart T2 it tells me DW failed to initialize and is going to be ignored.

This happened ONLY after I set the internal VST DW path in DW config, and not before. So I am guessing that DW is doing it's own scan on the same path and a endless loop or something is encountered?

Recursive scan of scan? I dunno. Sucks though. Is there a workaround temporarily where I can remove the DW VST configuration path? Going to check registry and the DW install directory for INI files. Hope so :)

edit: Deleted the .cfg file with the path pointing to my VST directory in DW config. Going to redeep scan .. If this works, then my theory is correct and it is a bug? Or there is a problem with the DW scanner?
Last edited by grymmjack on Fri May 05, 2006 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ah! It's not a bug, DW does no scanning.

The problem was when I installed with the new version released recently I pointed it to the existing directwave folder:

c:\vst\instruments\samplers\directwave\

But what happened after I installed is it put it's own "directwave" at the end like so:
c:\vst\instruments\samplers\directwave\directwave

So two copies existed in the scan! That would make sense to cause an error? BTW, I dislike how the installer appends it's own "directwave" to the end. This wasted an hour of my stupid moron time today :)

Thanks. :hihi: :party: :idiot: :bang: :dog: :tu:

(thread closed) :|

grymmjack wrote:BTW, I dislike how the installer appends it's own "directwave" to the end. This wasted an hour of my stupid moron time today :)
I know this is annoying, but it was either this or install everything into the VST folder itself.

A future version of DW VSTi will have some changes (such as a better sharing of the downloader between FL and DW VSTi).

Return to “Image Line”