DirectWave (dwp) file format specs?

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are the DWP specs going to be public? So that programs like Extreme Sample Converter and Awave could be used to convert from DWP to other formats? That would be awesome! DirectWave is great, and well worth the money IMO.

Great job Arguru/IL!

Yes, this is a big question for me too. I find this kind of thing essential.

--Sean

Given the FruitySDK and IL's openbook policy on stuff, I'm not that worried and pretty sure they would open the spec so that other programs could work with it more. I emailed the author of Extreme Sample Converter and he said he would add support if it was pretty easy to add it (which assuming it's like halion considering how it's similar concept, or the total recall patches just embedding the sampledata in the fxp/fxb/whatever he probably can do it easily). I hope so :)

I'll prepare a txt file with the specifications of the .dwp fileformat and release it this next week.
"If I could just say a few words... then I'd be a public speaker" -- Homer Simpson

arguru wrote:I'll prepare a txt file with the specifications of the .dwp fileformat and release it this next week.
Thanks man. Excellent work, seriously it's a freaking gift to musical humanity.

Thanks Arguru! This is good news for me too. I just bought Extreme Sample Converter, and the next day my laptop died (just a coincidence). Now I'll have to save up for Directwave AND a laptop. I think the laptop will need to come first though. :-)

It was only a PIII 450 with 128 MB of RAM, so I needed an upgrade badly anyway. :-)

--Sean

Return to “Image Line”