DirectWave VSTi released !

Official support for: image-line.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

For your all your sampling needs we bring you DirectWave VSTi, one of the most complete VSTi samplers currently available.

You can find more info & download the demo here.

Some of the features :
  • 16 part multitimbral, 32-bit VSTi sampler
  • 128 Voice Polyphony
  • 128 programs
  • unlimited zones per program
  • All samplerates supported
  • Realtime SINC-64 point interpolation (HQ Audiophile)
  • Poly, Mono, Legato operation, with glide / auto mode.
  • 2*24 dB 5 mode filters serial or parallel
  • Flexible 16 slot freely assignable Modulation Matrix
  • 2 mod. ADSR envelopes, 2 zone-independent mod. LFOs 2 global program mod. LFOs
  • Automatable loop points, reverse loop points supported
  • Loop modes : fwd, one-shot, sustained, bounce looping
  • Automatable sample start offset (available as mod. destination parameters)
  • Built-in voice Insert FX with independent settings for each zone : ring mod. samplerate decimator, bitcrusher & phaser.
  • Built-in send effects : chorus, reverb, delay (with filtered feedback, sync to host tempo).
  • Independent send amounts per zone
  • Freely assignable 16 stereo outputs
  • Multi-editor with channel list, mixer, expression, modulation and pitchbend GUI controls
  • Built-in sample editor with destructive editing (cut / copy / paste / trim functions), loop finding tool, normalize, vertical / horizontal zooming, etc)
  • Realtime sampling / recording of whatever is connected to DirectWave inputs (needs modular host or host with assignable plug-in routing)
  • Record Threshold: sampling input will wait until signal peak arises (-40dB)
  • Built-in VSTi host to easily automate "sampling" of your vst instruments directly into DirectWave
  • Total Recall operation mode: DirectWave will enclose all the required sample data in the project files created by your host: it creates totally portable projects without worrying about needed sample files
  • Import: DWP (proprietary), WAV (any), SF2 (Soundfont), AKP (Akai), Propellerheads Recycle, Native Instruments Battery, Kontakt *(nki), GIGA *(gig) & eMagic EXS24
  • Several importing methods: built-in browsing, drag&drop, menu options
  • Built-in fast library browser list and tree-arranged menu program selector.
  • Zone editor with visual zone arrangement map and list with all zone properties
  • All program/zone parameters of all channels can be automated as VST parameters
Last edited by JMC on Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jean-Marie Cannie @ Image-Line - FL Studio

:D Cool. This has been the subject of much past moaning, but good to know it's finally here...it seemed like quite a simple, straightforward sampler from my tinkering a while back on the demo on FL6...

Post-euphoric edit: I was pretty convinced I'd pick one up. But when I went to the FL Studio store and logged in as a past customer, lo and behold, the discount $79 price had gone. (A mistake, I hope?) Otherwise it's 'no sale' :hihi: :lol: I can get EST cheaper.

Or maybe I'll wait for a 'group buy'? :wink:

/funxi
Last edited by funkychickendance on Fri May 05, 2006 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

funkychickendance wrote:This has been the subject of much past moaning ...
The problem was that we moved to VC++ 2005 causing quite a lot of problems we didn't anticipate.
Jean-Marie Cannie @ Image-Line - FL Studio

Holy crap! It's here! :-o

i love it :) ...thx

tro

Hey, this library browser is really cool, dig it. I forget (and it doesn't say anything on the product page): does this come with a library?

what are demo limitations, please ?

Has anyone used Directwave with Live yet?
I'm sure it's great with FL6, I'm just curious about performance with Live 5.2

Thanks! Riley
Asus CM6870 3AB, i7 3770 Ivy, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB Internal, Windows 8 64bit Pro,RME Firface UC, Reaper. Ableton Live 9, Sonar X2, Maschine.

riley4reason wrote:Has anyone used Directwave with Live yet?

Thanks! Riley
riley I've been using DW in T2 most of the day without problems and it's pretty conservative on CPU -- although the different features will obviously affect this fact if you enable them; effects, lfos, filters, etc. I have found that it's minor CPU increase though for typical effects application (about 1-2% increase for most of the effects at once) the exception is reverb with long decays and big rooms ;)

HTH

grymmjack wrote:
riley4reason wrote:Has anyone used Directwave with Live yet?

Thanks! Riley
riley I've been using DW in T2 most of the day without problems and it's pretty conservative on CPU -- although the different features will obviously affect this fact if you enable them; effects, lfos, filters, etc. I have found that it's minor CPU increase though for typical effects application (about 1-2% increase for most of the effects at once) the exception is reverb with long decays and big rooms ;)

HTH
Thanks! this is soundling like a great instrument. It appears that if I upgrade to XXL, it would include directwave.. I'm thinking that would be the best way to go about it, if I decide to buy it.

Riley
Asus CM6870 3AB, i7 3770 Ivy, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB Internal, Windows 8 64bit Pro,RME Firface UC, Reaper. Ableton Live 9, Sonar X2, Maschine.

BTW: PS: HTH aka Grymmjack. I love the Wusikstation Skin :love: You are extremely talented.

Riley

I'm a past customer (bought sytrus) - I went to the page and found that I was entitled to a $3 discount off of the full $99. Is this correct?

riley4reason wrote:BTW: PS: HTH aka Grymmjack. I love the Wusikstation Skin :love: You are extremely talented.

Riley
Thanks Riley.

HTH is acronym for Hope That Helped :) But you can call me HTH if you want because it does look like a sig :)

Anyway verify that the VSTi version comes with XXL because I think it's separate. What you get when you buy XXL now is the FL only DirectWave I am pretty sure. You would still have to pay the extra money to get a VSTi version usable outside of FLS.

HTH ;)

grymmjack wrote:
riley4reason wrote:BTW: PS: HTH aka Grymmjack. I love the Wusikstation Skin :love: You are extremely talented.

Riley
Thanks Riley.

HTH is acronym for Hope That Helped :) But you can call me HTH if you want because it does look like a sig :)

Anyway verify that the VSTi version comes with XXL because I think it's separate. What you get when you buy XXL now is the FL only DirectWave I am pretty sure. You would still have to pay the extra money to get a VSTi version usable outside of FLS.

HTH ;)

OR!! Use FL6 as a VST and load a Directwave up in it.

Your new name is HTH....get used to it.
Riley :lol:

mayan wrote:I'm a past customer (bought sytrus) - I went to the page and found that I was entitled to a $3 discount off of the full $99. Is this correct?
Hey, cheer up! You're getting the same amazingly generous deal as folks who've spent $200+ with them. :P

/funxi
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

Return to “Image Line”