The Multiband Compressor

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a question just out of curiousity. How different is the Fruity Multi-band Compressor to the Slim Slow Slider C3? Or if they are the same, is the fruity native one more efficient at all?

Multiband compressors.....shit, i've got so far to go. :( I don't even yet know how the feck to use a "normal" one :cry:

The Chase wrote:I have a question just out of curiousity. How different is the Fruity Multi-band Compressor to the Slim Slow Slider C3? Or if they are the same, is the fruity native one more efficient at all?
It's exactly the same engine with our UI over it.

Jean-Marie Cannie
Image-Line Software

Image Line is like microsoft : buying other people's algorithms or using freeware and slam their own UI over it, and sell it as their own.

Timbre wrote:Image Line is like microsoft : buying other people's algorithms or using freeware and slam their own UI over it, and sell it as their own.
I downloaded the C3 version and modded the skin :P (reshack, export bitmap...) Now instead of bland it looks bloody awful. :tu:

JMC wrote:
The Chase wrote:I have a question just out of curiousity. How different is the Fruity Multi-band Compressor to the Slim Slow Slider C3? Or if they are the same, is the fruity native one more efficient at all?
It's exactly the same engine with our UI over it.

Jean-Marie Cannie
Image-Line Software

No wonder I liked it so much :D
Simple and repetive are my middle names

>>Image Line is like microsoft : buying other people's algorithms or using freeware and slam their own UI over it, and sell it as their own.

Actually, microsoft more often BUYS stuff and gives them out for free (to promote windows or some new stuff, like they licensed several pen-enabled apps to put them in their tablet-PC edition).
IL licensed several things (including this compressor) to put them for free in new FL releases as well. That's because of this that it ended up as an FL plugin, so was turned into a VSTi again for the juice pack.

Timbre wrote:Image Line is like microsoft : buying other people's algorithms or using freeware and slam their own UI over it, and sell it as their own.
We don't pretend to know everything (or have the time to develop
everything) so when we see a decent application, algo or plugin
we often contact the author and see if a cooperation is possible.

As Gol stated above most (if not all) of what we license is provided
for free to our FL Studio users.

btw. Please check out the reference list of zplane(.de) and you'll
notice most developers (from Ableton over Native Instruments
to Steinberg) ... are shopping in the same (algo) store.

Jean-Marie Cannie
Image-Line Software

That's a pretty ignorant way to look at it. That's like saying that most artists that have done collaborations with other artists are like Microsoft.

Return to “Image Line”