Bug report: New instrument tracks colouring issue 20.1

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know this forum is mostly ignored, but i'll post anyway.

I'm guessing this is a bug, as you recently gave us extended colouring options, so here is the problem:
When i create an instrument track from an existing channel, it doesn't colour it the same way as the original, and it's actually not possible to colour same way as original.

Example:
colour a normal playlist track with these settings:
Red = 0
Green = 1
Blue = 0

This should give you a black playlist track with bright green writing (it's also possible to get bright blue, pink, etc)

Now convert to instrument track, and you will see the new track converts RGB to 20-20-20, with no way of changing to original.

Obviously not a big problem, but it's certainly something that will slow my workflow a little, as i like to have one synth with all it's related tracks in the black / green combo, another black red, vocals black pink.
It makes it very fast to find specific intruments in the playlist, without having to use a a multicoloured playlist header system (i don't like this because the autoname clips also colours the clips, which turns the playlist into a mess)

I think this may only be a problem with extreme blacks and whites, but i'm mentioning it in case it's just an oversight with an easy fix

Better also post it on the Image-line forums.

Blaster wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:44 pm Better also post it on the Image-line forums.
Was going to, but it seems we can't do that privately:

Here are some tips & rules for using the support ticketing system:
Only post pre-sale & registration related issues. Customers with technical questions should post them in our tech support forums.

It also seems that we are not able to private message Image Line staff, so i have no choice but to report here.

Don't want my artist name visible on forums, and i don't want to make it available to others by changing it. And i'm not buying FL again just to have a second account.

If Image Line would let me create a second forum account, then i would happily post in their forum.

You can always change your forum user name: https://support.image-line.com/action/k ... ex?ans=489

_al_ wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:00 am and i don't want to make it available to others by changing it. And i'm not buying FL again just to have a second account.

_al_ wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:00 am
Blaster wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:44 pm Better also post it on the Image-line forums.
Was going to, but it seems we can't do that privately:
Posts on our techsupport forums are private by default. You can ask to keep them private after the issue has been resolved.

Original post was issued in December of 2018
IL rep responded in July of 2020
That was REALLY QUICK, wasn‘t it? :tu:

dermichl wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:24 pm Original post was issued in December of 2018
IL rep responded in July of 2020
That was REALLY QUICK, wasn‘t it? :tu:
I guess I shouldn't have resurrected an old topic.

We don't provide tech support here, so the fact that it took us about 1.5 years to reply is not really a surprise. If you want to reach us, use our forums.

You don‘t provide tech support at your own forum either...
That‘s just a place for hailing IL. Otherwise you get treated!

dermichl wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:06 pm You don‘t provide tech support at your own forum either...
That‘s just a place for hailing IL. Otherwise you get treated!
You obviously never needed tech support there. My problems got solved in the forum as well as email...

mike_the_ranger wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:22 pm You obviously never needed tech support there. My problems got solved in the forum as well as email...
Yeah, obviously not. You‘re right! :roll:

Return to “Image Line”