FH2 Problem Mapping Euclidean Rhythm Parameters

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently purchased the FH2 and have been trying to figure put the parameter mapping using Euclidean Rhythms . The mapping allocates the 6 Parameters to channel 1 CC20 to CC25, see:
Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 3.02.45 PM.png
Using one of my DAWs , I create a MIDI region and insert MIDI control statements, see:
Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 2.58.46 PM.png
The problem I am having is the number of pulses is being set to 0 regardless of the value passed by the MIDI CC message. Also, it is happening for other parameters. I have tried this with other Control messages. I have verified that the messages using MIDI Monitor.
Does anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong.
Thanks for the help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

What firmware version does your FH-2 have?

It has v 1.7.1
Thank you for your help

Should be OK then. Do you see the MIDI messages arriving at the FH-2? It should show them at the bottom of the screen, or for Euclideans it should switch the display mode to show the Euclidean pattern.

os, I think I may have discovered the issue. What I did was create a MIDI cc message of 15 (0xFF) within Logic Pro X. I then sent this to the FH2 6 times for each of the Euclidean Targets 0 thru 5. On my FH2 on the Pulse and Steps targets with a 15 input showing on the top menu,the preset shows a value of 3. this implies a right shift of 2. I verified that the communication from the Config Tool is working correctly; i.e. the mapping is stored with the correct target, channel and message number.Getting round the problem is some what problematic. I can left shift the value by 2 by multiplying the value by 4, but with some of the value ranges greater than 31. I am not sure where to go from here. Your help is greatly appreciated. PTR3

In general the parameters are scaled so that MIDI CC value 0-127 maps to the full range of the parameter. So the scaling will be different for each parameter.

os, are you saying that the parameters values are scaled for pulses and steps? The values cannot be larger than 5 bits so the the value is placed in the high order bits of the message and right shifted in the FH 5. Can I change this behaviour through a Setting that controls this?
PTR3

Yes. The value of pulses or steps is set to

( (cc value) x 33 ) / 128

os, thank you I really appreciate your help.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”