Issue with Silent Way Voice Controller and Shapeshifter

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I'm having a strange issue controlling the Shapeshifter with Voice Controller via ES3 hardware. Pitch calibration seems to work fine and scaling is accurate over 4 or so octaves. However, when I release the key it seems as though the Voice Controller drastically lowers the pitch of the Shapeshifter. I thought the VC was acting as a dual pitch/gate but I've realized it's just lowering the pitch to lfo rates when the note is off.
When using Reaktor Blocks in stand alone mode it works perfectly fine and as expected. But unfortunately, pitch calibration isn't possible with Reaktor in Cubase because it's doesn't have side chain implementation. So, I'd really like to use Silent Way if possible. Any help is greatly appreciated, thx.

And here's an audio clip demonstrating the problem. You'll notice the wild lfo modulation is osc 2 modulating osc 1 on the Shapeshifter at lfo rates because the pitch has been lowered so much.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PB_29 ... OLBC0OtYuK

Sounds like the gate signal is being mixed in with the pitch CV - either in the DAW or in your audio interface's mixer.

hmm, ok. I'm running Cubase 9.5 and I just can't get the Voice Controller to work properly. Fortunately, I figured out a work around to get Reaktor Blocks pitch calibration working in Cubase, so I'm just going to use RB from now on. It's a shame though, there are some features on the VC that are nice, like the Detune- Random function, and built in lfos :/

Return to “Expert Sleepers”