FH-2 Setup

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Os,

I recently purchased an FH-2, and am having trouble setting it up using the online configurator. It could well be my lack of MIDI knowledge, but here's what's happening:

I have 2 sequences running on separate MIDI tracks in Ableton Live, 1 being output to FH-2 MIDI channel 1, the other being output to FH-2 MIDI channel 2. In the configurator, the default settings are being used, so only converter 1 is active, on MIDI channel 1, with the 8 outputs set to channel/cc 1,0 up to 1,7. This works fine, but as soon as I make converter 2 active on MIDI channel 2, and play both sequences from Live, the sequence being sent from Live to FH-2 MIDI channel 2 starts affecting channel 1. FH-2 output 2, for example, starts outputting gates from both sequences, even though that output is only configured to output gates from MIDI channel 1.

How would I go about setting up the FH-2 to output cv and gates for 2 independent sequences from 1 DAW, each on separate MIDI channels?

Thanks,
Morgan

You would want to change the Base Output for the second converter, probably to '3'.

Brilliant, that was just the trick! Thanks Os.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”