Recommended MIDI to USB interfaces for FH-1?

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please can you recommend any MIDI to USB interfaces that will work nicely plugged into the FH-1 USB Host? Is there a list of compatible devices?

I have tried unsuccessfully to use a MIDI to USB cable (they all look the same) and was getting huge delays with the ocassional note getting through.

I have been looking for something that is class compliant, will work in standalone mode and connect to an iPad. Will any of the iConnectivity Mio or Midi+ interfaces work? Will M-Audio MIDI Sport 2x2 or 4x4 do the job?

Many thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions.

The iConnectivity ones certainly work.

I tested some others here: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... ?p=1945799

Many thanks op for the link.

I have been reading through many of the relevant posts for the FH-1 which are educational. However, there does not appear to be that many suitable devices apart from the iConnectivity MIDI 2 & 4+. Have not seen much about the suitability of their mio range or the M-Audio MIDISport 2x2 (which apparently works in standalone mode) or 4x4. Of the MIDI Interface cables, the only suitable ones appear to be the Prodipe & Thomann brand (which looks to be a re-branded Prodipe). The Terrasoniq is now discontinued.

At this point, having seen your vid of it working with the Prodipe/Thomann cable, I would be inclined to go with that at the moment, as the cheapest option or spend more on the iConnectivity MIDI box, which looks like better value for money.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”