ES-8 and Studio monitors.

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I don’t have an ADAT audio interface. Is the ES-8 not suited to driving monitors under windows?

If I have to get another interface, the cost if deploying the ES-8 is going to exceed $1000 (practically), which I’m not keen on.

What are people on windows doing to overcome the issue of no aggregate functionality? ASIO4ALL? I’m not interested in that much either.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

*ok nvm, sadly, I guess the lack of a pair of balanced TRS outputs is kind of a deal breaker for me. I get the design decision and all, too much to work around for me at present is all.

I would suggest you look at getting an audio interface with ADAT, and then an ES-3 instead of the ES-8.

For all the reasons you stated I sold my ES-8 and bought 2 ES-3s - I switched to an IO with ADAT out (added and S16 to my X32) problem solved, best of both worlds....

If you are 90% Modular, 10% DAW, the ES-8 is ideal, I was more the other way around!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Of course it can never be easy. :D Ironically, I actually have an ADAT audio interface,
one that is sadly, no longer supported by the world.

Anyway, thanks for the responses...

Return to “Expert Sleepers”