ES-8 + ASIO Clock Issue

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I'm working on some software, and I'm running into an interesting issue with the ES-8. I'll try to provide as much info to reproduce this as I can, and I'm also happy to provide a build of the software to test if you'd like. Just contact me directly for that.

My setup:
- Windows 10, 10.0.17134 Build 17134
- ES-8, revision 1.10, driver 3.40.0 (I initially ran into this issue with 4.59.0 and downgraded to see if that would fix it)

App general info:
- JUCE 5.4.1
- ASIO SDK 2.3.2

Repro steps:
1. Start sending some audio to the ES-8
2. Plug in a patch cable to the ES-8

Result:
Audio stops. Because this is a debug build, I can see that the error is happening when IASIO::getChannels is called. The error returned is -995, which corresponds with ASE_NoClock.

The corresponding assert in the JUCE lib is here: https://github.com/WeAreROLI/JUCE/blob/ ... O.cpp#L412 (https://github.com/WeAreROLI/JUCE/blob/master/modules/juce_audio_devices/native/juce_win32_ASIO.cpp#L412)

What do you think?

What's at the other end of the patch cable?

Nothing, actually. It reproduces 100% of the time. All I have to do is start plugging in a cable, and audio stops being sent to the ES-8.

Interestingly, after a power cycle, I am not able to reproduce this issue at all. I will report back with more info if it crops up again.

Okay, it does crop up periodically. Usually after I've done a few run/close cycles of the software. I haven't been able to get a reliable repro after power cycling the ES-8. So that seems to do the trick, but it's strange that it does this at all. From my end, this is a fine workaround, but if you'd like to dig in more, please feel free to contact me directly.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”