DISTING MK4 with AFTER TUNER

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Modular Synthesizers especially if you use multiple OSCs where stepless control is the next problem. You make a great sound, but it's not in the western scala. You're trying to tune it up, but with that you will destroy fine sound. Problem especially in sounds where much Fm modulation.
The solution is easy .... you change the CV level of the incoming note until it is right. In other words, change the CV offset up or down until the correct total tune is found.
What is needed for this? Comparator / Precision Adder or similar, but it must also have fine tuning.

So be it possible to add Disting MK4 program to Precision Adder with "After Tuner" where is octave, semitone and most important finetune?

Or does anyone in this forum know a Comparator or Precision Adder, where is the finetune cv offset?

It sounds like you want a Doepfer Precision Adder A-185-2. The knob spans 0-1V with a switch to select the polarity.

The A-1 Precision Adder mode of Disting mk4 has an alternate mode (Parameter 0) which lets you use Z as a smooth offset control but it is too sensitive for use as a fine tuner. I can get a decent amount of control by using Casade to send a voltage into the Y input though.

Maybe a nice Disting feature request would be another Z-mode for the A-1 Precision Adder which a smooth and reduces the range to +/- 1V?

Doepfer Precision Adder A-185-2 does not work as desired. The wish would be if Experts Sleepers could make a new program in an empty slot "After tune". Doepfer Comparator A-167 works the way I want, but it's too rough. Missing fine tune.

I think it could somehow be implemented (Disting)
0 = octave
1 = Halftone
2 = fine tuning

"Maybe a nice Disting feature request would be another Z-mode for the A-1 Precision Adder which is a smooth and the range to +/- 1V?"

It could be functional. But with the same effort, also octave-semi-fine. However, it is code and "easy" to add.
Easy ... hmm ....

Return to “Expert Sleepers”