new to modulars, trying to get an ES3 and ES6 combo working

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey there,

As the title says, I am pretty new to anything modular, and I don't really plan on getting many modules, but here's the thing: my ES3 and ES6 combo I recently purchased, does not get enough power in my Doepfer A-100MC box, and it clearly says so it maxes out at 200mA - so I notice the voltages to be off or sometimes breaking down a little.

now I was wondering what would be the most elegant solution for this, should I drill another hole and get another Doepfer A-100 MNT? the power brick they ship with it is rated for 800mA, can I use a daisy chain power cable to connect both Doepfer A-100 MNT´s?

Even if that would work, I would love to hear some recommendation on maybe a more elegant solution, I tried to google any bigger PSUs, but the search was inconclusive, what should I get for my limited use on small space? I really just need one es3 and one es6 in one box, and due to space constraints at my place I can also not go any bigger with my modular systems.

I would definitely prefer a PSU module with a front facing power switch, I heard they exist but could not find them, and if I did they only connect to long PCBs

so, sry for my ignorance, some help would be appreciated.

Something like the 4ms Row Power 30 would fit in the case alongside the ES-3/6, and give you a front-facing on/off switch.

thank you os! I just ordered them and an es7, if I might add one question, do you know of any adat/lightpipe patchbays or routers?

I don't. I've never heard of such a thing, sorry.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”