Augustus fx stereo?

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i am using 3 instances of Augustus in GigPerformer for live looping. my question is about the fx loops in Augustus FX.

i'd like to use the pre-sat loops to apply fx from time to time to an established loop. however, when i enable the pre-sat loop, the output of Augustus goes to mono, and seems to ignore all the L-R, R-L, etc delay tap settings.

i'm taking outputs 5-6 of AL into another plugin, and returning the output of that plugin to inputs 5-6 of AL. is that the correct routing?

as soon as i disable the pre-sat loop, the output becomes stereo again, respecting the delay tap settings.

thanks,

tony

Odd. I've not come across GigPerformer before - I'll have to check it out.

Which plug-in format are you using?

i'm using the au - i don't use any vsts...GigPerformer rocks!

OK I have it installed. To save me having to figure out how to use it, can you send me a setup with the plug-ins routed as you're using them?

sure- here's a simple example. it's hard to see, but the last 2 outputs on AL FX, which are the pre-sat fx outs, are wired into the Unfiltered Audio Fault inputs. the U.A.F. outputs are wired back into the last 2 inputs of AL FX, which are the pre-sat loop inputs.

as soon as i click "Enabled" on the Pre-Sat loop in AL FX, the output from ALFX becomes mono, with the Fault effect applied. when i unblock it, it goes back to stereo.

this happens with any effect in the loop, not just Fault.

thanks,

tony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

any ideas on this?

(and of course, when i wrote "when i unblock it, it goes back to stereo" i meant: "when i disable the pre-sat loop".)

Still haven't found time to set it up. If you could attach the actual file I can just load into the app, it would help me out.

sure, here you go. thanks

ah, the board won't let me upload files with the extension ".rackspace"

zip it up.

of course...here it is
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

possibly related - in GP there is a "Bus Layout" item if you right-click on a plugin block, when i look at that for AL Fx i see that the 6 ins and outs of AL Fx are reporting as a single 5.1 surround input and output. i don't know if that has to do with AL Fx or with GP...i will write to them as well. anyway, i don't know if this is actually related to the problem of the plugin becoming mono when the fx loop is enabled...

Return to “Expert Sleepers”