SW/Cubase -> ES-40 - 8CV - 8GT

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I've been wrestling with a ES-40 - 8CV - 8GT setup, Cubase and Silent Way for over a year now and the most I can achieve is to get the SW Voice Controller to control CV, gate and velocity. I use the VSTi version, enable the 2 extra outputs and route everything to a stereo output for the SPDIF.

The SW Voice Controller behaviour is strange, I can configure pitch->1, gate-> 2 and vel ->6 and they work fine, but can't get channels 3-5 to respond as expected, changing anything on those channels seems to make the others behave strangely (stops the gate or changes the pitch, or all of the above a plenty of led flashing on other channels). So from the 16 available hardware outputs I can currently use 3 of them.

I'd really like to be able to add LFO's and other things too, but can't work out the routing. Any ideas?

I love the microtuning feature but can't get anything other than basic functionality from Silent Way.

TIA.

For more outputs you'd need to use the ESX-8CV Combiner, which needs 8 inputs to perform its function.

You can get 4 with a stereo input and a side chain, but I don't know if its possible to get more in Cubase.

Well, that made me give up on ever getting it happening in Cubase alone so I moved on to trying it with Bidule as a VST and it's working great now.

Good news!

Return to “Expert Sleepers”