USAMO with Windows/Tracktion Waveform/Focusrite18i20 Ist Gen

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK.

So I have the USAMO set up for Test.

Plugin is registered, it's outputting from the FR18i20's output channel 6; unbalanced cable.
Known-good MIDI cable from USAMO out to 18i20 MIDI In.

At around 0 to 1.5 (approx) on the Trim pot, I get mostly red test messages; the Activity light stays on.
At some very precise level (around 1.4-ish) I get an occasional green message showing in the Received Test Input.

Even with the trim pot up full I never get a Clip light.

I'm running at 48Khz on the 18i20; I've tried it at 44.1 as well but that makes no difference.

Is the signal not hot enough?

I'm not sure what range "0 to 1.5" is, since the trim pot has no scale of reference. Ideally you want to be aiming for around 12 o'clock (up).

You might try a balanced cable.

Also make sure the Focusrite's output isn't being attenuated in MixControl, or with the headphone volume knob (which can happen, from experience).

Hi!

Thanks for such a quick response.

0-1.5 means the first few mm of travel of the trim pot. The Activity light goes out past 9 o'clock.

I've tried with a balanced cable- made no difference.

I will adjust MixControl and see what I can do there.

....also:

If I unplug the audio-in cable, I still see the Activity light- is that normal?

Thanks again

At the far CCW end of the travel you're just treating noise as a signal, so may get activity with no input.

As a sanity check you could plug the cable into a Focusrite input instead of the USAMO, and see what signal you're getting out.

Signal back into the Focusrite...and that reveals the problem. No signal out.

Either Waveform is the problem, or MixControl.

I'll keep working at this and if I come up with a fix I will post it (in case anyone else the same combination of hardware/DAW etc).

Return to “Expert Sleepers”